Chapter 13

Nari did her best to get the chains off of Hoseok, but she was no Eunjin. Hoseok, of course, wasn't helping the situation at all as he continued to stare off in complete horror.

"They made me burn him," Hoseok said. Nari almost didn't hear him over the loud screaming coming from behind her. "My grandfather had just discovered my ability, and he pulled this creature from the dungeons."

Nari stopped struggling with the chains and looked at Hoseok as he took a deep, shuddering breath. "I didn't know what he was at the time. My grandfather told me to burn him, or he and I both would die."

"What is he?"

"A Phoenix. They wanted to see if my fire could burn the creatures that cannot burn."

Nari was so focused on Hoseok, she never heard the screaming change to laughter. She felt a hand tighten in her hair and yank her back. She shouted out for Hoseok, but how could he help?

"That's right, Jung. You ruined me. You kept me from being what I truly am!" The Phoenix stared straight at Hoseok, but his grip kept tightening in Nari's hair. She struggled against him, but she was becoming weak again.

"As for you," he breathed into her ear. "You are mine."

She felt something hard hit her temple, and then everything was black.
——

Seokjin sat next to Areum for a long while in silence before he finally said, "Hoseok never stopped looking for you"

She turned to him and gave him the barest hint of a smile. "That sounds like him. What sort of friend am I to have left him there then?"

Seokjin laughed a little. "He will never blame you, and you shouldn't blame yourself. Jungkook is blaming himself enough for all of us combined."

"I was surprised to see all of you together. Especially Kim Namjoon and Jeon Jungkook." She crossed her legs and leaned forward. "What happened to hating each other?"

"Nari happened."

She cocked her head to the side in question. He continued, "when we found her, it was like the entire manor woke up. She made us think about all of our actions that led to where we are now. And then Eunjin threatened us within the inch of our lives if we didn't start getting along. But there was something about Nari that made us want to do anything to protect her." Seokjin paused for a moment and leaned in conspiratorially. "Jungkook was absolutely whipped. He won't even raise his voice at her."

Areum snickered at that, and Seokjin leaned back pleased at himself for cheering her up for the moment. "Hoseok was the first one to put in all of the effort. He cared the most at first. And one by one we all fell for her in some way. Different than how Jungkook fell. She made us family. She made us a proper clan."

"I love her already." Areum nodded to herself, and a bigger smile spread across her face. "I am convinced that Hoseok is in the safest hands."

"Of course he is," Park Jina said as she waltzed into the room. "Both of them are in safe hands with each other." She sat down across from Seokjin and Areum, and she smiled widely at them. "Hobi has told me so many stories about the two of you growing up together."

"Good stories, I hope."

"Nothing but the best stories. You kept him in line."

Seokjin leaned back and watched the two converse about Hoseok. They both loved him very much but in very different ways. He felt his heart beat a little too hard for a moment as his eyes settled on the way Areum's smile lifted her cheeks and crinkled her eyes.

Seokjin stood up quickly and left both of them alone. He didn't notice they stopped there conversation in confusion as he left. He didn't notice the frown that placed itself back on Areum's face.

"Did we do something wrong?" Areum asked. She shrunk in on herself, and Jina placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Quite the opposite."

——

Jungkook didn't listen to Namjoon, as usual. He kept trying to wait for Nari to fall asleep so he could check on her, and just like he thought would happen, he found her.

He was walking through the darkness when he was suddenly walking in sunlight. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Nari," he said as he stepped towards her. He waited for her to say something, but she kept staring at the sky. He noticed her stomach was rounder, and he smiled to himself.

But then he looked up.

It wasn't sunlight he was under. It was a large ball of fire that held the silhouette of a man in the middle. He finally noticed the heat radiating upon him, and he instinctively moved to cover Nari.

She finally met his eyes, and she placed a hand on his cheek. "It's not the Prophets we have to worry about. We are all going to die anyway."

"This isn't a dream." He gripped at the hand cupping his face and squeezed. "Nari, princess, I need you to focus on me. What is happening?"

"He's taken me. Hoseok is gone, and he's kept me for himself. He's holding me until our daughter is born, and then he will use her to unleash hell up both the human and supernatural world." She robotically said everything that she was seeing and hearing and interpreting.

"When? How soon?" Jungkook felt the panic rise into the back of his throat. He needed to get her to wake up, and then he needed to get to Namjoon. This wasn't a vision; it was a prophecy.

"Goodbye, Jungkook." A single tear slipped from her eye, and then Jungkook was in darkness.

He wandered again trying to find Namjoon this time. "That fucker better be asleep," he grumbled. He moved faster, but there was nothing.

Jungkook opened his eyes and looked around his bedroom. He sat up slowly and placed his feet on the floor. "Namjoon," he half shouted. Jungkook felt a little weak after being inside Nari's prophecy, and the worry and fear gnawed at his chest.

After a few seconds, the door opened, and Namjoon stepped inside. Jungkook just looked at him, and Namjoon noticed that he looked almost broken.

"You need to sleep," was all Jungkook said.

Namjoon heard the hidden meaning, and before he could turn to go to his own room, Eunjin slipped past his arm with Yoongi in tow.

"Kookie, what's wrong?" She asked quietly. "Did you find her?"

"I don't know everything, and I don't want to say anything until after Namjoon wakes up."

"A prophecy," Yoongi said.

Jungkook nodded, and all eyes turned back to Namjoon.

"A little help then, Yoongi," Namjoon said as he gestured towards the door.

Yoongi followed him, and Eunjin stayed behind to console a crying Jungkook.