Chapter 29

Eunjin rocked Hyerin and hummed soft tunes from her childhood. It had been hours. Jungkook had fought to get his daughter back, but eventually Nari told him to let it go. Eunjin obviously needed a distraction from whatever was plaguing her.

Yoongi only watched her with a soft smile. Nari had offered to let him hold Hyerin, but the idea of it scared him a little. When he refused, Nari didn't question him once. It was like she understood his reluctance, and she knew he'd come around eventually.

"The wraiths are now under my control," Eunjin said. It had been so quiet in the room for so long that Namjoon startled a little when she spoke. "They will help us with the Phoenix and the prophets."

"Have you tried locating Pran?" No one had an opportunity to respond to Eunjin before Taehyung cut in. He was desperately looking at Nari.

She pursed her lips then blew out a quiet breath. "Not yet, Tae. I'm slowly getting my strength back."

"You need more blood," he said. He went to leave the room, but Yoongi grabbed his one remaining ear. Taehyung winced and nearly cowered away.

"Taehyung, Nari just had a baby several hours ago. It takes more than just blood to gain strength after that." Yoongi let Taehyung go, and Taehyung's shoulders slumped in defeat.

"I won't let you down," Nari said. "I'll find her."

"In the meantime, everyone should get some rest," Jungkook said. "It's nearly dusk."

"Sleep is for the weak," Yoongi grumbled.

Jungkook raised his brow at that comment. The man had spent 400 years with them sleeping through most of it. He supposed though that there was a certain anxiousness that came with everything. Not everyone could sleep in a war the way Jungkook could.

"Then consider me weak," Nari said. She stifled a yawn.

"You're the exception," Yoongi told her. "You need sleep more than the rest of us."

"Hyerin is sleeping," Eunjin said.

"She's probably the strongest out of all of us," Jungkook added.

Yoongi groaned. "Nari and Hyerin are the only exceptions. One is a fresh being who has not a damn clue what's going on, and the other one is a baby."

Jungkook looked back at Nari to see what her reaction would be.

"He's got a point," she said. "I'm sure Hyerin knows exactly what is going to happen at all times. I'm just stumbling through two different prophecies."

"Wasn't I the one that always called Nari dumb?" Taehyung asked. He was still gripping the side of his head to protect his ear, and he was giving angry side glances at Yoongi.

"You stopped," Namjoon told him. "Someone had to take over."

Sofia entered the room and took in the sight before her. "Am I interrupting?" She asked. No one said anything, so she nodded once and made her way to Nari.

"Everyone out," she said firmly. "I have to check her healing." When everyone moved to leave, she added, "Eunjin, you need to leave the baby."

Eunjin pouted but did as she was told. She grabbed Jungkook's hand and pulled him out of the room, both wearing matching looks of kicked puppies.

When the room was empty, Sofia looked at Nari and Hyerin with a sigh. "Are you sure about this?"

"Definitely." Nari gave a strong nod and shifted Hyerin in her arms. "She must be protected, Sofia. Ana and Amarian agreed to my terms."