Chapter 19

Seokjin look at the busted manor door, and he panicked. He didn't say anything to Jungkook about the obvious lack of front door, so he slowly walked toward the manor as if nothing was wrong.

"I can feel your anxiousness. What is it?" Jungkook was still thrown over the back of Seokjin's shoulder, and he was unable to turn his head to look.

Seokjin heaved a sigh. "The front door is gone."

"I'm sorry, the what is gone?"

"The door. Someone busted it."

Just then, Hoseok walked through the doorway and gave a sheepish smile to him. "Sorry," he said. His voice was hoarse from crying with Sam and Nari, so he cleared his throat. "That was Nari."

"Nari?" Jungkook tried squirming, but pain shot from the spot he was hit on his leg. "Is she okay?"

"Jungkook?" Nari quickly walked out of the manor and stood next to Hoseok. She had a hand placed over her mouth in shock and worry at the state of Jungkook.

Jungkook decided to act casual. "Hey, princess, fancy meeting you here."

Seokjin jostled him, and Jungkook groaned out in pain.

"Aeri hit him good," Seokjin said. "The others should be finishing the hunters up and heading back. How did you guys get out?"

"Come inside," Hoseok gestured. "We have a lot to discuss."

——

"Darian, what is your plan about the Phoenix?" Namjoon asked.

Darian regarded Namjoon for a moment. "I think," he said after a few seconds of Namjoon anticipating some detailed plan, "I'll keep that to myself."

He motioned to the door, and two other prophets came in and stood behind Namjoon.

"The vampire was right. I'm trusting you too much." Darian gave the two a nod, and before Namjoon could react, he was hit in the back with a stunner. "Take him to the cells."

Namjoon had expected this outcome, so he didn't fight it. He wouldn't have been able to even if he wanted to anyway. The prophets had obviously been working on new weapons, and he felt all of his energy deplete.

He stared down Darian as the prophets dragged him out of the office. Eventually they rounded a corner, and he couldn't see his grandfather anymore.

The corridors got darker, and eventually he could smell the musty odor of a dungeon. It didn't take long before they were dragging him down winding stairs, and the further they got the more he heard screaming of someone being tortured.

The realization that it was Sunjung broke Namjoon's heart, but it was his fault this was happening to her.

"In you go, filth," one of them said as they tossed him in a small room.

He slouched against the wall, and he watched them slam the door and lock it. He was getting weaker, and he dug around in the pocket of his pants. There he had stored a small packet of blood, and he listened intently for any guards before drinking it.

It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to counterbalance the effects of the stunner.

He didn't know how long he was down there listening to Sungjung begging for them to stop, but after some time the screaming stopped. He could hear them dragging her back to her cell that was next to his, and he waited for them to leave the halls.