Chapter 23

Taehyung couldn't decide what he was feeling. He had mixed emotions of hope, fear, and anger as he watched Eunjin and Yoongi. Yoongi's face remained passive, but Taehyung could see just how much he was warming up to the idea of loving Eunjin. It honestly made Taehyung a little sick.

"They are an interesting pair."

Taehyung cut his eyes to look at the werewolf. He didn't say anything in response to her. She didn't deserve any explanation on just how interesting those two actually were.

"She's also not angry with me, not in the same way her brother is." Pran tilted her head to the side and examined the small vampire who was zipping around Yoongi making small fussed about whatever it was he was doing. Pran determined quickly that Yoongi wasn't actually doing anything at all; Eunjin just wanted an excuse to fuss over him.

"He doesn't seem very happy-"

Taehyung cut her off quickly. "Don't you dare finish that sentence."

Pran just giggled. "What I mean is, he just seems annoyed at her. I imagine if it were anyone else bothering Min Yoongi, their brains would be fried."

Taehyung sighed and leaned back further against the wall. He figured a little conversation wouldn't hurt. "That's an understatement." His eyes then cut over to Jimin who was hiding in the darkness. "They are an interesting pair, you're right, but they deserve each other."

Pran followed his gaze. "I've only heard stories about soulmates becoming wraiths after death. I thought it was just a fable."

Taehyung's mind began sparking. Necromancy... Maybe if he found a witch or warlock who could... He shook the thought away. It would be a waste of his and everyone else's time and resource just to bring Daliania back from the dead. Plus, she was crazy, and he could only handle so much crazy.

"Are there any real myths?" He asked instead. "Who actually knows what is out there."

"You would think the prophets, vampires, and witches would actually know considering how long all of you live." Pran looked away from Jimin and focused again on Eunjin and Yoongi. "All of you seem to not forget anything either."

Taehyung knew she was thinking of Seokjin's threat to her pack all those years ago and how the vampire himself was now being restrained by Areum. Seokjin planned to fulfill his promise of destroying the entire pack.

"We don't always research or seek out other creatures. We have liaisons for that, and even they don't look into every little thing or every single creature. There was simply no reason to before."

"And now?" Pran looked at him. She was surprised to see that he was already looking at her. He didn't trust her. He'd already told her this, but she could see it plainly in the way he looked at her. He wouldn't tell her a damn thing.

That didn't bother her so much. She wasn't fishing for information; she was just happy to be in the company of someone who actually tried talking to her even if he hated her.

"Taehyung, I am afraid of many things." Her mouth twitched a little when he unconsciously tilted his head to the side in mild curiosity. "You, for instance, scare me. I believe you would allow Kim Seokjin to rip me apart at his first opportunity. I'm also afraid of the fact that I'd let him do it. I wouldn't not fight back." She took in a shaky breath. "I'm mostly afraid of being returned to my father. I am nothing to him. What pack leader sends his only child out on a suicide mission?"

She waited for a moment, and Taehyung blinked profusely when he realized she expected him to answer. "How am I supposed to know?"

"I figured you wouldn't know. My father has no love for me. I am the weakest link to that entire pack. Eliminating me would only make him happy." These words she knew, but saying them aloud left an ache in her chest she had been avoiding.