Chapter 3

Nari spent a couple of hours with Eunjin and Taehyung. Eventually, she couldn't handle it anymore. Nari moved blindly in the direction of Jungkook. She was slowly becoming delirious as exhaustion crept behind her eyes. Said man caught her as she stumbled forward, and she leaned heavily into his chest.

"Can I take a nap please?" she mumbled out. She felt him chuckle softly before hoisting her up into his arms. She shut her eyes, and she slowly started drifting to sleep.

And there he was. Min Yoongi. He was chained to the wall, and a bright strip of light began searing into the right side of his body. He screamed, and the sizzling sound made Nari sick to her stomach. 

But she couldn't look away. How could she? She heard movement behind her. She could feel a presence, and she tensed as a voice wrapped around her.

"They will come for you, vampire. They will come, and they will all die."

She didn't recognize the voice, but she recognized the presence. It was the same presence that was there the night he was taken. Nari tried everything she could to just turn around and see who it was, but she couldn't move.

Yoongi kept screaming in pain as he thrashed against the wall doing his best to move away from the sunlight. The voice just laughed at him. "So pathetic, your world. So weak."

Nari shot up. She was in her bedroom, and Jungkook was laying next to her sleeping soundly. She didn't want to wake him, so she quietly stepped out of bed. But she knew better. It was Jungkook's sixth sense when it came to her. He grasped her wrist, and she whirled around. He had one eye open peeking at her.

"Princess, what's wrong?" His tone was normal which told her he hadn't been sleeping for very long.

She felt dizzy. The room began spinning, and she was starting to panic. "It's Yoongi. I need Namjoonie. I need my brother." She was crying, and nausea rolled through her stomach before rising up her throat. She didn't think vampires got sick, so she was surprised when bright red bile spilled from her mouth.

Jungkook jumped from the bed and grabbed her as she collapsed to the ground. She started shaking violently as more bile spilled from her, and Jungkook was at a complete loss. This wasn't normal.

Jungkook shouted for Namjoon to hurry and get his ass in there. In no time, the other half breed was standing above Jungkook, and Jungkook looked to him with pure fear. He'd never seen another vampire do this, and he didn't know what was happening. 

This panic attracted the attention of Eunjin who had just greeted the two witches and the warlock into the manor. She guided the three back towards the bedroom, but the smell of the blood mixed with the bile stopped her. She knew what the smell was, but no one in that manor should be able to produce it.

She could hear the panicked voices of both Namjoon and Jungkook, and then, as she listened closely, she could hear the gurgling sounds coming from Nari. She sprung into action then. She grabbed the first vampire she saw (she didn't care who) and told them to go and find any human. Afterwards, she continued to lead the three to the bedroom just to find Namjoon and Jungkook trying to get Nari to respond to them.

"Put her on the ground," Amarian said as he moved around Eunjin to get a closer look. He crouched down and stared at Nari who was still shaking violently. She was covered in blood and bile, and the stench made him want to cover his own nose. "Humans call this a seizure," he said as he placed his palm over her forehead. He closed his eyes and began chanting words in another language, and finally, Nari stilled.

Amarian looked to Jungkook. "Tell me what happened."

Jungkook took deep breaths in order to calm himself. He kept repeating in his head that Nari was going to be fine. She was still alive; they just needed to figure out what was wrong. "She had a dream about Yoongi. She didn't tell me what happened. She looked sick, and she said she needed Namjoon. Then this happened."

"I need all of you to listen carefully," Amarian said slowly. "The land of the phoenix is dangerous. Our world doesn't know anything about it because no one has ever survived crossing over. We do not know what we are up against."

"Is it possible her vision caused this?" Namjoon asked warily. He found it odd that he hadn't had this reaction when he dreamed of the land of the phoenix.

"I'd bet my life on it." Amarian lifted Nari and placed her on the bed. "Go get me a warm cloth. We need to clean her up. She should wake up soon."

"Amarian, what exactly do you think is doing this?" Sofia asked. "You're the only one who knows some of the creatures from that world."

Amarian looked down at Nari and frowned. He didn't want to admit to any of them that he didn't know what or who was behind everything, but there was a first time for everything. He sighed heavily. "I don't know, Sofia. I'm afraid this is something I cannot help with."

Jungkook gently moved the warlock aside as he pressed a warm cloth against Nari's face. He was delicate with her, and all of them watched in awe as the once terrifying vampire gently caressed Nari's cheeks. No one made a comment as he kissed both of her eyelids. They all looked away when he turned back around.

"Ana, what about you?" Namjoon asked quietly. All heads turned to him, and Amarian raised a questioning brow. "You used to tell me stories about the land of the phoenix when we were young. Those stories had to of come from somewhere."

"Namjoon, those stories were passed down from my own father before he was killed by trying to go to the land of the phoenix. That land is dangerous."

Amarian looked over to Ana, and she gave him a sheepish grin. "What do you know, Anarusia?"

Ana stiffened at the use of her full name. "I know that it is likely a mirrored world of our own. Similar creatures but stronger. My father did everything he could to learn about the land of the phoenix, but it cost him his life. I do not wish to follow in his footsteps."

"Anie, you do not have to go there. We do though for Yoonyoon and Seokie." Eunjin placed her hand on Ana's arm, and the witch relaxed slightly. "We just need to know what we are up against, and we need a plan."

Stirring from the bed had them all turning. Nari opened her eyes slowly and groaned before crying out in pain. She was groggy, and her head was hurting. But that did not compare to the searing pain in her stomach. 

Thankfully, Park Jina waltzed through the door with a dazed human following closely behind. She smiled at Nari before thrusting the human upon her, and they watched as Nari drank greedily. Once Nari was done, Jina took the dead body away, and Jungkook wiped the blood stains from Nari's face and neck.

"Namjoonie." Nari reached for her twin, and he grabbed her hand only to be thrust into the world that Nari had seen.

Everyone watched as Namjoon's knees buckled, and Eunjin lunged forward to hold him up. He didn't seize, but it did take him a long time to finally come around. When he did open his eyes, he looked directly at Ana.

"It doesn't matter." Laughter bubbled up from his throat, and a crazed look glinted in his one silver eye. "We're all going to fucking die anyway."