Chapter 27

Three weeks had gone by without much happening. After the incident with Gisun, Jungkook and Nari took it upon themselves to become the perfect hosts. They were attentive to every guest, sat in on all conversations relating to their next steps, and they definitely made sure enough blood was stocked. No one said another negative comment about Namjoon and Nari, and for that, they were thankful.

Sungjung spent all of her time with Sam and Shin while carefully avoiding Namjoon. Her strength had fully returned, but there was something broken behind her eyes. Nari had suggested therapy, but everyone had looked at her in confusion. Apparently the land of magical creatures did not have a psychology department.

Namjoon was busy avoiding the side eye Jungkook kept giving him. He was no longer allowed to make any more suggestions. Did Namjoon have a plan in his head? Absolutely! But before he could even tell Jungkook, he was shot down. So Namjoon spent his time with Areum and Seokjin who did let him openly talk about his plans. They just didn't listen to them.

Yoongi had completely handed his clan over to Sare who was sad to realize Yoongi had no intentions of coming back. Min Manor would no longer be Min Manor... unless Yoongi's grandfather wanted to step back into the leadership position.

He didn't. He had been enjoying retirement for a few thousand years.

"Yoonyoon, are you sure?" Eunjin had asked him after the lengthy discussion with Sare. "Min Manor has been in your family for a millennia. It's the oldest clan."

"I go where you go," he responded. "And if that means I'm stuck with Jeon and the freaky twins, then so be it."

At the time, Eunjin hadn't decided if she wanted to return home or not. Ultimately it was Seokjin's decision, but she knew he would push the responsibility onto her. He'd given up on being clan leader the moment he was part of the prophecy.

Pran was spending her time with Taehyung. She watched him watch Daliania, and she was at a loss of what to do. Occasionally, Eunjin would join her while poking and prodding at Taehyung in order to garner some sort of response. It had worked only one time when Taehyung grabbed at Eunjin's hand and squeezed it until she whimpered. Pran imagined Eunjin had simply let him do that because he was finally doing something.

Taehyung just watched Daliania while trapped inside his own mind. He thought he had been screaming, but there was a moment of clarity when he reached for Eunjin and gripped her hand in pure fear. He realized he was so quiet. He wanted to tell them what was happening to him. He was lost, and his mind was searing pain. He imagined it's what it felt like when he dug around in someone's head. Different memories were being pulled and pushed, and at some point he couldn't remember reality.

But he remembered Eunjin. He remembered Pran.

Nari had spent her nights in fits of nightmares. There was snow and blood and fire. She couldn't find Jungkook in those dreams or visions or whatever they were because she couldn't tell. In her dreams her stomach was empty, but her daughter wasn't there either. She was panicking.

Namjoon had woken her one night and held her because he too was having nightmares of burning bodies and falling snow. He could see everyone else, though. He didn't share with her what he saw; he didn't want her to break.

When the sun set and everyone was prepared for the night, they never spoke of the dreams to anyone. They passed their time doing whatever duties they each saw fit, and those three weeks sped by.

Nari's stomach continued to grow. The baby was messing with time again, and Nari also spent what time she could preparing a nursery. She roped Jungkook into building a bassinet, and she would watch him with a content smile on her face. He was her safety, and so she felt no need to tell him of her dreams.