Chapter 28

"She left me." Taehyung sat staring at Daliania still. He wanted to turn to look at Eunjin and Yoongi, but he couldn't. He had been surprised when he had managed to get up to get Nari in the middle of the day when he noticed Pran was even gone.

"I don't think she left you, Taetae," Eunjin said. She was rubbing small circles in his back, and she did her best to hold back any looks of pity in case Taehyung were to actually look at her.

"We have a lot of enemies," Yoongi muttered. "Her pack is one of them."

"She wasn't. She left me. Daliania left me. Eunjin left me behind. My clan left me."

"I didn't leave you behind," Eunjin defended, probably harsher than she intended. "I'm right here!"

Taehyung turned to her and finally looked at her. "You left me behind, Eunjin, whether you want to admit it or not."

Yoongi stood up straight and glared at Taehyung. "No one is leaving you behind. You've chosen to stay behind."

Taehyung didn't respond at all. His head was turning against his will back to face Daliania who seemed to be stepping out of the darkness and towards them. What the three of them didn't notice was Jimin stepping up behind them.

"Tae, I'm here for you always." She reached out and gripped his hand in hers the way she had so many times before.

"Why couldn't we have been it for each other, Eunjin?" He asked.

Yoongi stopped glaring. He had obviously missed so many things when he was held prisoner. He had definitely missed all the moments between Eunjin and Taehyung that led to this very moment. No, Eunjin hadn't left him behind, but Eunjin found her next destined one.

"Destiny is a silly thing, Taetae."

"I want it to stop." What specifically he wanted to stop, they weren't sure.

Daliania and Jimin stepped closer.

Yoongi felt a chill on his back, and he reluctantly turned to check. There stood Jimin. His eyes were an even deeper black than they had been in life, and his skin was becoming a pale gray. He was almost a full wraith, and Yoongi knew that if Jimin were to touch him, he'd be marked for death instantly.

"Perhaps we should take a walk about the manor," Yoongi offered urgently. "Some exercise will be good for you, Taehyung. We can go see the baby if you'd like."

"I don't want to go," Taehyung said.

"Taehyung." Yoongi's voice was sharp and... scared, but Taehyung didn't do anything. "Oh, for fucks sake."

Yoongi grabbed both Taehyung and Eunjin and threw them over his shoulder. He knew Jimin and Daliania would follow, but vampires were faster. So he just kept running through the maze of the manor.

——

"I'll be back on my feet in no time," Nari told Jungkook and Namjoon. "I can locate Pran."

Namjoon, who was trying very hard not to drop Hyerin, groaned. "Stop trying to do so much. You just had a baby."

"It looks like we are about to lose our baby. Give her to me," Jungkook said as he quickly took Hyerin away from Namjoon. "I'd never heard of a clumsy vampire or a clumsy prophet until I met you."

"We are in a war, Joon. I can't just sit back and do nothing. You know this." She leaned back into the pillows and sighed. "Besides, word will get out that she's born. The phoenix is coming after her as well."

"How would they know?"

"Blood calls to blood," Jungkook said. "I know you felt it when she was born which means your grandfather has as well."