Chapter 14

"Namjoon!" Heads poked out of rooms at the sound of Yoongi's shout. Curiosity pooled through the halls as they watched Yoongi race after Namjoon and grip his arm. "What did you see?"

"Don't worry about it," Namjoon said through clenched teeth. "There's just something I have to do." He shook off Yoongi's arm and sped forward again only to be stopped by Jungkook.

"What do you need us to do?" Jungkook saw Namjoon's shoulders relax a little.

Namjoon looked around at everyone exiting their rooms, and he sighed. He turned back to Jungkook. "How much fun do you want to have?"

This question sparked something in Jungkook's mind. It was the same question Namjoon had asked him when Namjoon and Daliania had found him all those years ago. There was something hidden behind the word fun, and a smile spread across Jungkook's lips. "I've been waiting a long time for fun, Kim."

Namjoon smiled knowingly. A repeated conversation a few hundred years later with an entirely different meaning this time. "Let's play a game of chase. You toe the line just enough to get the attention of the Hunter's Association while some of the Jung clan hunts. They are starving, and they will need their strength." Namjoon turned a little in search of Sungjung. "You," he pointed to her, and she smiled brightly at him. "I want you to accompany me to the City of Prophets."

Amarian stepped forward then, but the words out of his mouth were not ones anyone expected. "I don't know what you're planning. We still have time before the Eternal Prophecy, but I trust you know what you're doing."

"What are you planning?" Eunjin asked. She pulled Taehyung through the small crowd and stopped next to Yoongi. "Let us all in on it, Joonie."

"The new prophecy," Namjoon started slowly, "could easily make the original prophecy void. I need to see the elders. They need to know what is coming because we are about to be facing a much bigger war than anyone could imagine."

"They will try and kill you," Eunjin said. "They don't care about yours and Nari's prophecy; they only want to stop the two of you."

"That's where Jungkook comes in." Namjoon didn't elaborate any further on that. "Everyone needs to hunt. We need all of our strength in order to get them back home."

And with that, Namjoon and Sungjung left.

Taehyung looked to Jungkook, and he barked out a laugh. "This better be good, Jeon. Divvy us up. Let's have fun."

Jungkook stretched his arms and popped his knuckles. He tilted his head from side to side as he cracked his neck. "I've been waiting so long to fuck with the humans again. Taehyung, Eunjin, and Yoongi, you three are coming with me. Seokjin, you take Areum and the others out to hunt. Don't be discreet. Jina, you Amarian, Sofia, and Ana will trail the four of us." He paused for a moment, and a cat-like grin spread. "Don't mind the mess."

"This oughta be good," Yoongi said. He placed his hand on Eunjin's shoulder to stop her erratic bouncing in place. It didn't work.

"What are we gonna do, Kookie?" she asked with a maniacal grin. She started bouncing faster; she wasn't phased at all by Yoongi.

"Whatever the fuck you want, Eunjin."

----

Sungjung ran through the trees with Namjoon. He was very quiet, and she didn't like that. She wanted to know what else he was planning, and she wanted to know what he saw. She could feel his fear and anger mixing together, and worry nipped at her mind.

"Namjoon," she whispered. He didn't say anything, but the slight tilt in his head told her that he was listening. "What are we about to walk into?"