Chapter 17

3 months later:
It had been 2 and a half months since the case that involved my ex had finally be put to rest. The girl was home safe with her family with no injuries. Aaron had been arrested on multiple charges and was facing up to 10 years in jail. My ex's business partner had been found guilty of money laundering and was out on bail awaiting his trial which he was pleading guilty to. While his family had been put in witness protection because he hadn't done enough to pay off his debt to the people he owed money too. While my ex had been arrested on multiple charges. It had turned out he was more involved than initially thought and was facing the longest time out the three of them in jail but he had taken a plea deal for 6 years to turn on his business partner. And we all know the first one to talk is the one to get the deal.
Because of him taking the plea deal, he gave up all rights to Hope and we had agreed not to let her see him prison until she was a bit older and understood what he had done. The custody battle was finally over after 6 months of constant meetings with lawyers and then having the courts get involved.
Clayton was back from his tour and was spending a few weeks with us before he went somewhere else for training for around a month. Hope was happy to have him around. His parents had been to visit multiple times and they dotted on Hope. They didn't just love Hope, they loved spoiling her and since they were moving closer to us, she began seeing them more often. 
Me and Clayton waited around a week after he got back before I introduced him to my team. they all seemed to get along even him and Street. They went and got a beer not long after meeting and seemed to get along great. Mine and Street relationship was better than ever. We were back to the brother/sister relationship we had years ago and he wouldn't allow anyone to hurt me and Hope. 
Everything was going well but it wasn't going to be like this for long.