Chapter 10

Having Street here was what I needed right now. He had been asking about the custody battle and I broke down. It was not going in my favour. We were suppose to be focusing on the case but I was in the kitchen balling my eyes out because I was thinking I was going to lose my daughter to my ex who never really wanted kids. 
"He's got all the money in the world. He can hire the best lawyers, fly them in from anywhere."
"He hey hey. It's going to be alright. Whatever judge that is assigned to her case will realise how much you love her and care about her and that he doesn't."

Street came over and helped me I looked at Street knowing that he wanted to help me but he couldn't. He wasn't my boyfriend. He was my colleague, a guy I knew being in foster care who took care of me but he was also my ex boyfriend. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but  there was something he needed to know but I knew it would hurt him more than anything. 

He began pulling me close. What started out as a hug was quickly moving towards a kiss and I couldn't let him do it. "Street stop." I said as I pushed him back. "Why what's up?" He said as I got up and walked across the room away from him. "I have a boyfriend." That no one accept Hope knew about.