Chapter 18

It was late one Friday night when I was called into work. Clayton was with Hope so I didn't worry but the case was going to effect me in ways I hadn't thought about in years. It was a hostage case. Completely different than any one I have ever worked before. In a school dance of all places. A very expensive private school were having a fundraising dance in a hotel in West Hollywood. We were called in to help diffuse the situation. 
"Hey what we looking at." Street said as he arrived last to the scene. 
"About 30 to 45 kids from Amatory High School in West Hollywood along with 10 teachers and around 40 to 60 parents are being held hostage inside by an unknown number of hostage takers." Hondo said as he briefed the team. 
"Before we go in we need to know where all the hostages are being held so that there is no collateral. Hope, Street try and access the cameras inside the hotel." Cortez said to me and Street we walked away and grabbed our equipment from the SWAT van. Me and Street had become as close as we were when I had just started at SWAT. It felt good having someone to talk to about stuff that not many others understand. As we were looking into how to get into the security cameras of the hotel we had be careful not to tip off the hostage takers. The one thing that was strange about this case was that it was already an hour in and the hostage takers had not made any demands so we had no idea who we were dealing with and I had no idea how this case was going to impact me in the next few weeks making me question everything I have ever done as a person, a cop and more importantly as a mother.