Chapter 8

1 week later at Street and Luca's place.
"Hope what do you want for lunch?" Street asked Hope. He was babysitting hope for Carson while she was at a meeting with her lawyers.
"Burgers." Hope said enthusiastically.
"Thank god Luca's bringing burgers home. Whenever he gets home." Street whispered to himself. 
Less than 90 minutes later:
Luca appeared at his home that he shares with Street. "How is this little one today?" Luca asked as he lifted Hope up onto his shoulders. "Besides hungry. I think she's beginning to miss her mom." Street said looking at Hope. The way Street treated Hope you would have believed that he was the father but him and Carson hadn't seen each other in years before Carson was born. Luca pulled some food out of the bag and luckily for Hope it was burgers from McDonalds that he had bought. Just as everyone was finishing what they had ordered Street and Luca's phone ran. "We're needed at work." Street said as we went to put on his clothes. "What do we do about Hope?" Luca said as he ran in the other direction to grab his uniform. "Captain Cortez is allowing Carson to bring Hope to the hq as long as she doesn't distract us and more importantly Carson." 
We threw all the rubbish in the bin as we left the house and raced to work. Of course making sure Hope was safe in the back of the car strapped in.