𝟐𝟓 || 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

"But "just friends" don't look at each others like that. Whatever we are I still remember the way we were"

                                            ♣️

"I still can't believe you managed to get Mr. Anderson to let me rest today" Ava smiled from ear to ear, looking at herself in the mirror in her room as her eyes glowed with happiness.

I curled my lips in a slight smile as I watched her while sitting on her bed. The happiness is written on her face, the smile, the way her eyes shine with hope, filled me with pure joy. I always wanted to see her like that.

"You deserve to go on this date" I replied in a light tone, smiling at her.

It didn't take me long to get Alexander to let Ava rest for the day, he gladly agreed. I dare to say that after Emma's birthday party everything between us is...good and normal.

We don't avoid each other anymore, it's not awkward or silent when we are alone at work or when Stephanie leaves us at the table to go say goodnight to Emma. Everything between us is just the same as we met.

We haven't talked about the kiss or us since the birthday party. I wanted to, but I'm too afraid that I will mess up everything again so I just stay silent.  Just being able to talk with him normally and have him in some way in my life, even if is not the way I want...It's enough for me.

Because at the end of the day I just want him to be happy, no matter how I feel.

I still want to kiss him all the time tho. And touch him, fuck him. Everything. But I'm trying my best to not cross my line.

I'm done playing this game.

Actually, since Emma's birthday party Alexander is really trying to be a better person. He's treating Ava with respect and he's spending more time with Emma. And that makes me feel terribly happy.

"When are you going to tell me something about your mysterious boy?" I asked, hugging her pillow. Why she doesn't want to tell me, ugh I hate that. She's keeping so many secrets from me.

Well, it's not like I told her that I fucked her married boss.

How she will react? God, I really want to tell her, she will tell me what to do. Ava gives the best advice. Either she'll kill me or being cool with it because she doesn't like Stephanie too.

She turned to face me, her cheeks turned instantly red, showing her innocent smile. ''Soon, maybe''

"At least his name?"

"Amera" she sat down next to me, sighing before looking at me. "I want to tell you everything believe me, but first I want to make sure whatever is happening is serious enough" she spoke back, pursing her lips together. "Otherwise, I know that if he does something wrong you'll kill him ''

''Yep, that's absolutely right''

We both laughed, and I pulled her into a hug, to which she happily responded. It's so good to have a friend. A real friend. I didn't have one back in New York.

Our moment was interrupted by a knock on the door, which is already open, and Alexander stood before us in all his glory, fucking perfect as always.

He coughed slightly, obviously embarrassed that he interrupted us. Ava jumped away from me, straightening her dress, looking at him with a worried look, as if she did something wrong.