𝟒𝟏 || 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"She lay back in the warm safety of his arms while his hand between her legs helped her forget the world"

                                          ♣️

I've never felt more awkward in my life.

I just want to disappear from this world. Like right now.

Spending my day with my ex-boyfriend, who cheated on me, was definitely not part of my plan.

I needed to talk to Alexander, I wanted to see him. I fucking miss him.

I wanted an explanation, what the hell is going on? Why he suddenly decided he wanted a divorce from Stephanie? Why she left for Los Angeles without even taking Emma with her? What am I missing?

Yes, my father told me that early this morning Stephanie left for Los Angeles. Nothing more, nothing less.

And having lunch with Ava, Grayson, and Jacob right now won't answer any of my questions. And I don't even enjoy being here in the first place, but when Ava begged me to come with her, I had to.

I'm sure my face shows enough how much I don't want to be here.

And the fact that Jacob is sitting next to me is not helping.

Ava is too busy talking to Grayson and blushing like a little girl as he's saying something to her with his arm around her shoulder, letting out the charming smile do the work. Just as I remember him. He always got his ways with girls. He's charming, sexy, funny - Everything a girl can want from a guy.

Apparently not much has changed here in New York.

But for me, everything has changed because I changed.

"Is everything all right, Amera?"

I shook my head, turning my attention to Jacob, who's looking at me with concern. I must be staring at one blank spot, lost in my own world for too long without touching my food.

And he knows better than anyone how much I love to eat so If I'm not eating something is wrong. I remember back when we were dating every time I told him that I'm on my period, he always showed me to my house carrying so much food that I even once end up throwing up from eating it all.

"I'm fine" I nodded, starting to eat, trying to get Ava's attention, but she was so overwhelmed by Grayson that it was almost impossible.

I want to go home. Now.

"It was Grayson's idea." Jacob randomly said

I frowned, looking back at Jacob "What?"

''To come to your house, ask you out" he shrugged, playing with the food on his plate. "He's interested in Ava and he wanted to see her again."

Well, I expected this so I'm not surprised.

I looked at Ava and Grayson for a second, trying to imagine them as a couple and yes, they'll be cute I can't lie...but deep inside I'm scared because I know Grayson is Jacob's best friend and he's basically his doubleganger. I don't want her to get hurt, because then I'll have to kill him and I'm not even joking.

I continued to eat in complete silence, listening to Ava and Grayson's conversation, because they spoke a little too louder for everyone to hear but they were lost in their own world without caring for a single thing.