𝟎𝟏|| 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

1 Year Later:

"I care about you, Amera and that's why I do it."

I laughed out loud, looking at my father completely uninterested.

"Or to spend more time with your new girlfriend?" I raised my eyebrows looking at him mockingly

"We all know that in a week you will dump her" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

My face became rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding.

You can feel the tension in the room.

"Amera, don't talk to me like that" my father shouted, banging on the table with anger.

I didn't move or blink. If he thinks that something like this could scare me and make me shut my mouth he doesn't know his daughter well enough.

"You changed so much, I can't even recognize my own daughter anymore" he added with defeat in his eyes, and I nodded in agreement

"It took you a long time to figure it out" I smiled. "Congratulations, daddy"

''You're going and that's final''

"I'm 20, you have no right to tell me what to do" I shouted back, not caring who can hear us.

The maids must have a good show right now.

"I have as long as I give you money. You are going and it's the end of the discussion"

I growled loudly with too much anger, throwing my head back.

My whole body was burning right now.

"I hate you" I spit out before turning my back to him

With my head proudly raised I left his office in our mansion.

I'm 20 years old woman, he has no right to treat me like I'm a fucking child.

How can he send his daughter to Los Angeles to a man I don't even know ....for a whole year?

And I have to live with his wife and his little daughter also.

Just great.

I hate kids.

How I am supposed to look at this little devil without wanting to kill myself?

This man I have to stay with has been my father's business partner for 3 years now.

I've never met him but I know he has a successful business he runs on his own.

I can only imagine what the poor old man thought when my father called him, practically begging him to hire me at his company.

I can't look this man in the eyes, without feeling ashamed.

Why not work here in my father's company in New York?

Why he has to send me to Los Angeles?

Aghhh I want to break something.

I went up to my room to pack my things because my flight was tomorrow.

And let the worst year of my life begin.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"Amera Carson"

I saw my name written on a whiteboard, held by a man probably in his early 60s.

I assumed this was the person I would stay with.

I pulled my suitcases toward him, making my way boldly through the crowds of people at the airport.

Ugh, I hate airports, I hate crowded places, I hate people.