𝟒𝟒 || 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

"She was fire enough to light the way and
burn anything or anyone attempting to stop her"

♣️

I looked myself in the mirror for the last time, thinking how I can't wait to take this fucking dress off my body already and go to bed.

I don't care that it's December 31st and that it's my birthday. The last thing I want to do right now is celebrating my 21st Birthday.

I told my father that I don't want to celebrate it and for the first time he agreed with me, without asking me unnecessary questions annoying me even more.

However, we'll go to his New Year Party he's hosting every year in one of his hotels here in New York. It's usually for the people who work for him, his employees so they can come, have a good time, and feel motivated to work even harder for the next 365 days.

My Dad teaches me that if I want to be a successful woman one day and run a company on my own I have to respect every single person who'll work for me. I have to motivate them and treat them right.

And I can't wait to do it one day.

But right now I can't wait until 00:00 to leave.

Ava has been trying to cheer me up all day, she made me her famous pancakes for breakfast, she bought me an amazing bag that I don't want to know how much it cost her because it's fucking expensive. She spent the whole day with me, but still, somehow that wasn't enough for me to feel better.

At the end of the day, I still miss one specific person.

I was slowly getting used to the pain and the emptiness inside my chest. I resigned myself to the fact that I would probably never see him again because that was his decision. That's it. I have to move on with my stupid life and accept the harsh reality.

I have to move on from a person who was never mine in the first place.

It's a good thing that someone knocked on my door, stopping my thoughts.

"Come in" I spoke louder, facing the door, where I saw my father slowly entering my room. "What's up dad? Is it time to go?" I asked, looking down at my phone, which showed almost 7, which means that the party has already started.

He took a few steps closer, his lips in a straight line. His face is tense and he's trying to avoid my gaze and he does this when he's nervous. Okay, weird.

"Yes, but that's not why I'm here" he began, clearing his throat, looking around the room. "I want to talk with you."

I frowned in confusion. My father coming up to my room in person to talk with me is something that has never happened. Like ever.