Twenty-Nine

**A/N: Mentions of mental illness, hallucinations and alcohol use-age / the idea was given to me from a fan who I will leave anonymous xxx**

The wind was gentle against the pages of the book Amelia had in her lap as she sat on a chair on the verandas of Kensington Palace's Apartment 1B. It was one of the few afternoons that Amelia completely had to herself, no planning for a royal wedding, no event that she had to attend. Just sitting on a comfy chair with her hot cup of tea on the table next to her and a book opened wide on her lap. Listening to the sounds of birds singing in the trees and distant dogs barking.

"Hey, beautiful lady." Harry's voice spoke as he opened the sliding door and walked onto the veranda, joining his fiance with his own cup of tea in his hands.

"Hey handsome, how was your day?" She asked

"Tiring, but worth it," Harry said, Amelia, smiled. He had done a local concert event where he introduced the events coming on and reminding the audience that it was a charity event where the money would be going towards the children and families of Africa struggling to survive. Africa was a content that was special to her fiance's heart, though personally, she had never gone herself. She hoped that one day she would be able to experience the beautiful country that held a special place in her man's heart.

"That's good. How much money did the fundraiser achieve?" Amelia asked, she had been watching her grammar and how she phrased questions. The royal family had all grown up knowing the right things to say and how to say them. As Amelia had grown up in a different environment to her fiance, noticing the way things were said was not always something Amelia wanted to change.

"$50 thousand, all of it is going towards the charity. It'll be worth it seeing how they have coped the next time I go to Africa." Harry spoke

"Which'll be when?" Amelia asked, she hated it when he had to leave her for overseas engagements. The Queen was yet to arrange one where both would go on the tour, and arrange another after the pair officially tied the knot.

"Unconfirmed at this stage, though I know Granny's planning a tour sometime before the wedding. She'll request a meeting before she finalizes any dates or events beforehand." Harry answered, Amelia, nodded in understanding. Knowing that was how the Queen worked, mapping routes and planning events before Royals even left their own countries soil. Amelia also knew that it was required for royals traveling overseas to carry black formal attire in case of an emergency, ever since Elizabeth's own father died on her honeymoon tour, and she hadn't been prepared when returning home early for the funeral.

"There are so many places I want to visit, I know that I've been to Paris and New York, I've just never actually visited them. Those tours were more for movie premieres and we were always on a tight schedule." Amelia spoke, telling Harry that she'd wanted to visit these places properly with him by her side was something she'd always wanted to do when the pair of them got together. Traveling with him and just

"Paris is beautiful, I remember visiting a few places with my mother before she passed, I'll make a note to show them to you if we ever find ourselves in Paris. It would make a lovely vacation away from here wouldn't you think?" Harry asked, as he got up from his seat and walked towards his fiance. He lowered himself down to attempt to give her a kiss. Chuckling, she raised her head and kissed him first before he could plant one on her.

"Have you ever told me why you don't have more than one drink?" Harry asked as he sat back down on his own chair and looked at his fiance. Amelia looked back down at her own book before looking back into her fiancé's eyes.

"When I was young, I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, it's a mental illness that someone can sometimes struggle with determining the differences between reality and hallucinations. It happened after my grandparents on my mother's side died. I kept seeing them at night, thinking I was going insane. My parents had me tested multiple times until it was determined that I had Schizophrenia, that is why I have a passion for mental illness charities. Because I've been through it when I have too many drinks I see them. And after my parents died, I started seeing them too. I thought I was going insane." Amelia answered, she never told anyone this, not even Kate. Though Kate only believed that she had nightmares of seeing her cousins grandparents and parents.