Thirty

It had been two months since the couple had fought over Amelia's truth about her mental illness. She had also gotten the courage to tell the Queen, who had been so supportive and had said to her that if she gets an episode, to tell her so that she doesn't have to put herself through royal events until she is well again. Amelia had thanked the Queen but also promised herself that she wouldn't use it as an excuse to get out of events that she didn't want to go to. And that was one for this evening, the Golden Globes was tonight and with Amelia's history of being an actress, she and Harry had been invited as special guests to the event. Even though Amelia had not been in a movie since Les Miserables, she was dreading tonight. It meant seeing her ex who had moved on from her years earlier. But it still hurt as he was a part of her past and helped her become who she is today.

"You'll be okay, I promise," Harry spoke as he saw his fiancé staring at herself in the mirror. The pair hadn't left yet for the event and Amelia was thankful.

"I'm trying to think of things to say when we get to the event," Amelia responded

"You don't have to, I can do all the talking if you want?" Harry asked, Amelia, nodded. It wasn't like her to shy away from the public, but ever since news let out that Amelia had suffered the mental illness Schizophrenia as a child, she hadn't been able to come back into the public eye. She had no idea how it had happened, but it had and she had been the talk of the news for a couple of weeks running. It felt like something personal from her own life had been taken from her and put into the public like she was a trophy that needed to be broken due to overuse.

Amelia still remembered the article clear as day in her mind. It had stayed with her since first reading it early morning before Sunday church with the royal family.

——————————————————————————-----------------------------------------------------------

Daily Mail:

Former Actress, Amelia Middleton, survived the mental illness Schizophrenia.

Amelia Middleton, soon to be Duchess and wife of Prince Harry, has been said to have dealt with a serious mental illness as a child

Amelia Middleton, soon to be Duchess and wife of Prince Harry, has been said to have dealt with a serious mental illness as a child. As we all know, the soon-to-be duchess's parents passed away in 2005 after a horrific accident in Paris. Similar to her fiancé's mother in 1997.

News has come to light that the young Middleton parents aren't the only family members that Amelia Middleton has lost. When she was six, her grandparents passed away, her grandfather first, and then her grandmother a few days later over a broken heart. Amelia's grandparents were her mother's parents, so it was natural for the former actress to feel their loss differently to most people as a young child. However, when losing them, she started to hallucinate her grandparents at night.

It came to light to the doctors that Amelia was struggling with a mental illness that children should not have to go through. She was soon diagnosed with Schizophrenia and spent many nights in a hospital wing with her parents watching over her.