Trust Issues

LAUREN

One more week before the senior prom, so basically we are pretty busy preparing for it, as one of the faculty members of the school I am required to participate for the preparation.

Unfortunately, for the past two weeks I have been seeing Presley a lot because apparently she is the student council president and I am not aware of that. We are kind of in an awkward situation ever since she admitted to me that she likes Camila. The nerve! But since I am a professional bitch, I am being civil and kind of nice to her, well if asking her lifting everything that is heavy in the room, or tell her to stay late to clean up the gym is nice, then I have been very nice. She probably knows what I am doing but I didn't hear any complaints from her which makes me super suspicious because I couldn't help but think that she was being nice for Camila.

Camila my girlfriend who has been acting very weird since she hurt her hand. I obviously did not buy the bullshit of a reason why she got her hand hurt that night but decided to give her the benefit of a doubt.

But since then, It feels like she is close to me yet distant as well because whenever our conversation will go a little far back to her life back in New York she will be completely uncomfortable and change the subject. It is like knowing only half the person she is because she will not let me know the other half and this is killing me because I am thinking that she doesn't trust me enough with her past.

I want to know everything! Who doesn't want to know everything about their love, right? I wanted to push, ask, or even force it out of her, but decided to just let it go for now and give her time.

So, now Camila is fucking fantastic being an amazing girlfriend for the past two weeks so I would not ask questions if she is okay or not. And being a fool that I am because I love her, ride along with it as if I didn't know she is hiding something from me.

"Hey, babe, you ready to head home?" I looked from the letter cut outs I'm doing from the floor to see those brown eyes looking down on me. I gave her a tired smile because I am pretty beat from all these prom shenanigans. "Hi, come give me a kiss I am tired." I pout at her cutely.

"Baby, you do know that you don't have to act cute to get a kiss from me, right? I'd kiss your foot if you asked me to." Camila said smiling with her tongue between her teeth. Ugh, I find it super hot when she does that.

"Then shut up and kiss me then." I grinned at her. "Yes, ma'am!" She salutes and leans down to close the distance between us...

"Ahemm" Camila and I got startled by the annoying voice and look at the culprit that ruined our moment.

Surprise surprise.

"Uhm.. I need those letter cut outs, miss." Presley mumbled looking anything but guilty that she interrupted us. "Hi, miss Cabello." She greeted Camila, rather awkwardly. Camila cleared her throat and nods at Presley's direction as if she didn't want her to be there. I frowned at this why are they being weird?

"Here you go. I finished everything, just make sure you clean up this mess before you head home." I pointed at the mess all around the gym and handed the finished cut outs to her.

"You got it, miss." I heard her mumbled. She just stood there awkwardly trying to get Camila to look at her but Camila is trying to pretend she is busy with her phone when I can clearly see that she is just going back and forth to her screen menu. "Is there anything else you need, Presley?"

"Oh, no-nothing, have a great night." She waved awkwardly and ran like her pants is on fire.

"Let's go, babe." I felt Camila tug my shirt and pocketed her phone.