Friendship and Stuff

LAUREN

I didn't go to work today. Well, for obvious reason. I couldn't face Camila. What I did and said yesterday was way out of line, mean, terrible, awful and disgusting. I should get punished for all the things I said.

The job I thought I lost because of Camila was still intact. I don't think I can face her after what I did. I was so stupid that I didn't even ask her if she told anyone or not. I assumed that she told her grams. I'm going to stop calling her the witch for the sake of Camila to be part of the atonement for my sin.

I can't really blame myself that I assumed the worse in her after making us ex lovers to the eyes of the witch—um I mean the principal. Right? Am I the only one to blame for this? am I?

"Yes" I heard a response. Really? How can—- wait? Who dat? God, is that you? Are you hearing me? "Nooo" thats it! There's a ghost in here I'm out! I opened the door of my room and saw Normani on the phone.
"What are you doing at my door, Mani?" She put up her pointer finger signalling me to shut up. "Yesss." I heard Mani said follow by a "No" I rolled my eyes so Mani was the God and the ghost. I should have known.

I was back in bed when Mani came in. "Lo, are you sick? Why didn't you go to work?" So that's the reason why Mani was at my door.

"Cramps." I told her not moving my face from my pillow. "You know that's bullshit right? I just had my period last week and I know we're in sync so don't give me that bullshit, Lo." I giggled "Okay, you got me" I caved to Mani "Now, spill."

I told Normani everything, from the cab incident up until to the last bit part of what happened between Camila and I yesterday. Normani was quiet probably thinking who's side she's taking.

"Mani, you better be on my side. I'm your best friend" I pout at her. "Lo, I'm always on your side. Even if your wrong I will defend you in front of your enemies and give you a piece of my mind when we're alone. You know behind the scenes." She said smiling and holding my hand."

"Thanks, Mani. So... Camila is not here does that mean you're going to give me a piece of your mind!" I tried to be cute and all so Mani would go easy on me. "Nice try, Lo" Normani laughs while I pout more.

"You're cute, but that's not going to work on me. Maybe with Camila it will? You know when you apologise?" Mani said carefully like she's talking to her first born child.

"Mani, you can talk to me like a normal person, I'm not a kid. And I'm not going to apologise to Cabello." I said with conviction making Normani roll her eye. "Oh you're not a kid, but you're acting like one, Lauren Michelle Jauregui"

Oh-oh shit is going down full name card has been played. "Answer me this question Lauren Michelle, do you feel guilty about what you said to Camila?"

Of course I am!

"Lo?"

"Yes, Mani I feel the guilt. If roles were reversed I would be hurt too. I have nothing against gay people you know that right? My best friend is a lesbian and I love her with all of my heart." I stared at Mani and she smiled before putting her arms around me and squeezed me in an embrace. "I- I don't know how I — said those awful things to her. I was so mad and I — know that doesn't give me the right to hurt her but I still did it. I wanted to hurt her so I denied her my acceptance by telling her that she's a disgusting —- dy—dyke." By now I was sobbing with snot all over my face.

"I'm sorry too Mani I didn't mean what I said. I- hove y-ou, Mani." I said crying harder.

"Lauren—

"Would you forgive me if I said those things to you?"

"Of course, Lo. Wanna know why? Because I know you. I know the real you." Mani reassured me.