Lunch Ladies

LAUREN

11:45 am. It's almost lunchtime. Almost but not yet. Usually I'm out of the class at this hour but this four ladies are taking their sweet answering the activity which their classmates finish within twenty minutes. Jesus what is taking them so long?

"Ahem. Guys... You done? It's almost lunchtime." I said impatiently.

"Actually I'm all done miss Jauregui I'm just waiting for them to finish." Presley said raising her pencil in the air.

"Five more minutes miss Jauregui." I heard one of the girls at the back said.

"Fine! Five more minutes and finish or not you have to pass your papers."

"Okay miss!" The three girls hollered simultaneously. They do that a lot I noticed. I sighed and walked to my table when Presley approached me.

"Uhm..miss Jauregui?"

Ugh. What is it this time! I wanted to say but I decided not to of course. I didn't want to be a snappy teacher.

"Yes?"

"Uhm... Can I ask about miss Cabello?"

"Why would you ask me about miss Cabello?" I frowned at her.

"Nothing. It's just that she's a great music teacher. And I just want to know if you think so too?" Presley said looking down at her shoes. She seems almost nervous?

"Does it matter what I think of her?" I asked her

"Yes. Because it doesn't seem like it but I value your opinion miss Jauregui I mean let's be honest here English is the only subject I take seriously... oh and now maybe music too." She beamed at me. Well I'm not gonna lie Presley is not just a pretty face she writes excellent essays. I heard she suck at Math or she just doesn't like Jemima?

"Well yeah... She's a talented woman and I cannot think of anybody who can teach music better than her." I managed to say wow apparently I think highly of Camila Cabello now. This past few weeks we got along well while I was training her and I can say she was great listener and fast learner about teaching ethics. She now knows what are those and of course I emphasised the student-teacher relationship because she kept making jokes about dating one she even suggested that I have to date her instead so that she wouldn't have to date a hot student.

"Well thanks, miss Jauregui. I just really need to hear that." I heard Presley say.

I looked at the other girls and I bet they were listening to our conversation.

"Okay girls I think that's enough pass your papers now."

Three girls stood and pass their papers. Well that was fast. No complaints.

I was piling the papers on my table when Presley stop at the door.

"Miss Jauregui? Can say hi to miss Cabello for me?"

"but didn't you just see her in her class?"

"Uhmm.. yeah it's just that.. I didn't say hi to her in her class?" She said like it was the obvious reason why she would want to say hi.