Memories bring back memories

CAMILA

Presley and Lauren were just standing and staring at each other when I opened the door of our office. What was happening here? The tension was too thick that they didn't even heard the knock or felt my presence.

"Ahem.. uhm.. hey, guys... so what's up?" I greeted them hesitantly.

"Nothing, babe. Presley was just leaving." Lauren responded without breaking her intense eye contact with Presley. I was more surprised though that she used a pet name, Lauren never uses it inside the school what more in front of a student?

"Yeah, I was just leaving. I just handed in my assignment to miss Jauregui since my evil-stepsister decided to ditch me at the airport." Presley was the one to break the staring. Her tough expression quickly changed to soft smile when she looked my way. "And by the way miss Cabello, I'm gonna ditch our fingering lessons today." She smirked at Lauren this time but Lauren just rolled her eyes.

"Oh, why? I was kind of looking forward to it though." I was startled by a loud thud I thought something fell on the floor but then it was just Lauren closing her drawer while glaring at me.

Fuck. I'm in trouble.

I didn't mean it that way. I need to ask Presley something that was why I was looking forward to it. I wanted to voice out but decided not to by the way Lauren was glaring at me.

"Uumm- I mean, I was not really looking forward to it— um.. it just that.. what I meant is..." Lauren was still glaring at me with her arms crossed in front of her. It was like she was waiting what was I going to say.

What was the right thing to say to avoid a beheading by my girlfriend?

"I think whatever you're going to say will not work at this moment, Miss Cabello." Presley chuckled. "So just shut up and sort things out with your girlfriend." She nod her head at Lauren's way and walk out of the office.

Silence.

I didn't know how to approach Lauren right now.

I was afraid she was holding a pencil and just stab me in the eye if I get closer to her.

So, I stood frozen, and awkwardly may I add and wait for her to speak first.

"If you think I'm jealous, I'm not okay?" Lauren huffed.

"I didn't say you were." I told her.

"But you were thinking that I am."

"I wasn't—

"Fine! I'm jealous, okay? She clearly likes you!"

"Wh- what? Where is this coming from?"

Lauren run her hand through her hair and sighed before saying,

"Presley likes you, and knowing this does not mean I'm going to stop you from your private lessons because that would be fucking toxic and immature. I'm just telling you this because you seem oblivious about it and you're not gonna notice she likes you until she kiss you or something."

"She's not even gay or into girls Lauren."

Lauren just rolled her eyes at me. "As if being gay matters when it comes to you."

"What does that even mean?" I asked quirking an eyebrow.

"Camila! I'm the living proof that you can turned a straight girl to a lesbian."

I couldn't help but cackle at this. Lauren Jauregui just admitted that she was gay for me. "Are you saying I'm too hot?"

"Get over yourself." She scoffed.