Chp. 18- A New Hostage

Percy POV

I feel myself lifted off the ground jerked quickly. Turning me around.

My vision blurs for a moment and I quickly swing my sword cutting what holds my throat. I am dropped to the floor and gasp catching my breath.

"So now that we are here, how about a fight?"

I growl and stand looking at what had held me, is now on the floor. Vines. Grape Vines.

"What do you say Peter?" I growl and stand up to face him. Staring in his purple eyes.

"Wow," I comment. "I certainly didn't think it would be you Mr. D." He smirks a bit at statement. "Didn't think you were smart enough to pull it off."

He growls and summons a sword. He charges forward and swings for my throat. I dodge and move to the side to attack him from the back when another vine grabs my ankle. I cut it off and turn back to him to find him gone.

A ton of vines appears circling me. I curse and start hacking away at them but more appear. I mist travel out and find more and more but still don't see Dionysus.

"So weak and inexperienced," His voice chuckles. "Do you even know the extent of your powers?"

Fine. If it's power he wants that is what he'll get. I slow down time and swing my sword chopping all the vines. I find Mr. D and freeze him. I punch him once across the jaw before making time restart.

He flies a few feet back and hops back up. He is ready to charge again when a large blast hits him sending him back into a pillar. A sinister crack is heard.

I turn to where the blast came from to see Poseidon.

"Dad!" I shout. "What are you doing here! You are supposed to be at the island."

"I left Triton in charge," he answers. "I had a theory about the spy. I had to check..."

"You knew!" I shout enraged. I had been doing my best to figure it out and he knew?

"It was only a theory-"

"Theories are based off of something! You could had said something before he tried to strangle me!"

He is about to reply when a blast of power sends him flying back. I send my attention to Dionysus.

I charge forward and slice at his feet. He leaps over me (who knew he could do that?) and tries to stab me with his pinecone-staff/spear thing (what's it called again? I think it starts with a T).

I thrust upward with my sword and he counters and lands behind me. I am about to charge him again when I hear footsteps enter the room.

I risk a glance to see Thalia and Annabeth enter the room.

"Get out," I order running to place myself between them and the Olympian traitor.

"What's going on?" Thalia asks. "I understand you two hate each other but, shouldn't you focus on fighting monsters not each other?"

I don't respond as he charges forward. I slide underneath him and jump up and slice his back. He cries out in pain and I watch as golden ichor begins to pour from his wound.

I am about to strike again when he raises a hand a vines grab Thalia and Annabeth by the throat. He turns to me and gives a wicked smile. Purple fire burns in his eyes.

"Let them go," I growl. He only smiles wider. I once again stop time ignoring the large amount of energy it takes from me. I charge him again and bring the flat of my blade against his temple. He crumples as I start time.

I stumble at the power I used and crouch on the ground for a moment to catch my breath.

"How did you do that?" Annabeth asks from across the room.

"Can control time," I remind her while standing. I walk over to the two. "Are you alright?" They nod.

"What are you going to do with him?"

"I don't know, maybe my dad can..." I trail off. Where'd he go? "Dad?"

He appears next to me wiping some ichor from his face. "Right here."

"Can you do something with him?"

Dad nods thinking. "I'll bring him to Zeus. Then return to my post." He then disappears in a flash of light Dionysus's limp body gone with him.

"We should go back," Annabeth states.

I nod. "I should get back to Camp Jupiter. I have to watch Thanatos."

"Bring me with you," Thalia orders. "I have to be sure my brother doesn't do something stupid."

"I'll bring him and Piper here," I answer. "Piper is ready to kill me too."

I tell them to close their eyes before going Camp Jupiter.

3rd Person POV

Jason slashes again. He dodges a hellhound's paw and is ready to stab it again when he suddenly finds himself striking air. He blinks and finds himself on Olympus.

He whirls around to glare at Percy. "I told you to stop doing that!"

"I told you not to go out to the front lines," Percy counters.

"I can take care of myself."

"No you can't," Thalia interjects. "I had to make sure you don't do something stupid. Which you were." She slaps her brother in the back of the head.

"I was not!..."

Percy allows the family to bicker and appears at Camp Half-Blood to retrieve Piper.

He soon finds the daughter of Aphrodite helping protect a smaller camper. He quickly goes to help before bringing her to Olympus.

Percy tell the bickering group he is going back to Camp Jupiter (ignoring Jason's plea to bring him back) to watch Thanatos.

~~~~

Little did he know Thanatos was watching With a smirk on his face. His Stygian Iron Scythe in hand.

And a certain hostage under his care.

~~~~~

Percy is about to leave when something appears in front of him.

He growls at it before crumpling and dropping it.

"What's up Kelp Head?" Nico asks coming over to see what they are all crowding about. Percy doesn't reply and disappears. Nico blinks and looks at the rest of the group. "Did I say something?"

Jason shrugs and Piper bends down the pick up the crumpled paper. She smooths it out a bit before her eyes widen. The others look over her shoulder.

It's a picture.

Of Annabeth.

The daughter of Athena stares glaring at the camera a gag in her mouth and her feet and hands bound.

On it is written:

Come alone. Where we met.

~Thanatos