Chp. 19- I Love... All Of You

Chapter 19- I Love... All Of You
3rd Person POV

Percy's appears at the remains of what was once an ice fortress. Old memories surface only to be ignored.

Percy scans the area finding nothing.

"I'm here! Hold up your end!" He shouts. For a horrible moment there is nothing before Thanatos appears across the ice. A bound, gagged and shivering Annabeth Chase at his feet.

This is stupid. Tartarus tells Percy.

Did I ask for your opinion? Percy growls back. Tartarus doesn't respond.

Percy's eyes land on Annabeth's. She glares at him and Percy can't tell exactly what she is saying. Though he thinks either:

A. How stupid can you be?!

B. Thank gods you're here!

C. I'm gonna kill you for coming here.

D. All of the above.

Percy looks back to the smirking god of death who holds a Stygian iron scythe is in his hand.

"We'll do you want her back or not? Because you'll have to fight for her," Thanatos says as a cage forms around the girl.

Percy gives him a lethal glare before drawing his sword and charging forward.

~~ Meanwhile~~

The small group all stare at the picture and note in silence. The battle raging behind them seems to have faded from their minds.

"Where did they meet?" Piper asks finally.

"Alaska, with Frank and Hazel," Jason answers.

"We have to go after him," Thalia declares.

"You are not going to get yourself killed!" Jason argues.

"Argue later," Nico snaps. "How are we even going to get to Alaska in the middle of war?"

No one responds.

"We should call Frank and Hazel," Piper suggests. They were there initially."

"We just need a rain-"

"Hey sorry to interrupt whatever this is... but, am I the only one who has noticed we are fighting a war?" Leo asks coming over.

Piper gives the boy a quick recap while the others begin to make a rainbow.

Thalia fishes out a drachma. "Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me Hazel Levesque, Camp Jupiter."

The rainbow shimmers before the dark skinned daughter of Pluto appears.

"I was just about to call!" She says hurriedly. "Where's Percy? Thanatos is-"

"Gone. We know. He took Annabeth and Percy went after him. They're somewhere in Alaska. We need a way to get there," Nico says.

"I'll be right there," Hazel says cutting the connection leaving them confused as to how she is getting there.

Their question is answered a few minutes later Hazel appears on her horse Arion.

As soon they reach them Frank is bucked off the back of the horse.

"I told you he hates me!" Frank groans.

Hazel ignores her boyfriend for the moment. "Are we going or not?"

"I am," all answer at once. Quickly followed by:

"No I am."

Bickering ensues.

"Well what makes sense?..." Frank says thinking and the rest of the group falls silent. "Well... He won't let me ride, Hazel has to go- her horse, Piper... No fighting is enough for you..."

"I'm fine."

"No you aren't."

"Jason-"

"Leo would melt the state-"

"Hey!"

"Nico... But Hazel is already going... So I suggest Thalia goes with Hazel. Zeus, Pluto and you have Poseidon 'cause Percy there... And Percy is a god himself... There are 3 the number there is supposed to be on a quest. So that's the best team we can get to take down a god."

"Sounds good to me," Thalia answers. The others nod in agreement.

"Or..." Jason buts in. "Jupiter and Pluto and Percy."

"No way."

"We are running out of time!" Piper reminds them.

Thalia turns on her brother and shakes her head. "I thought I lost you once. Not doing it again."

She turns to Hazel and is about to hop on the horse when Thalia is shoved violently to the side as Jason blows by her and hops on the horse behind Hazel.

"Sorry-" is all he gets to say as Arion, sensing his second rider speeds away.

Though he is sure he can hear his sister screaming his name even though they are miles away.

He takes a breath and wraps his arms around Hazel (hoping it won't be mentioned to Frank later).

"I love you Thals. I love you Pipes. I love... all of you..." He whispers his words disappearing in the wind whipping by his face.

Maybe the wind will bring his message to them. At least he can hope.