Chp. 22- When Darkness Falls

Last Chapter Everyone!!!!!
-----

Chp. 22- When Darkness Falls

Annabeth POV

I feel as tears run down my face as I see the spear go through Jason and Thalia. I lost the last bit of my first real family.

Luke and now Thalia.

Anger builds up inside as I draw my sword. My eyes widen as I see a second spear fly through the air. Straight, toward Percy.

I scream and run faster but it's not use. The spear point is less than an inch for hitting him when a bright flash of light appears. I blink and see Tartarus standing next to Percy the spear twirling in his talon like hand.

"I told you only I could kill him," Tartarus voice echoes throughout.

I freeze in my tracks staring shocked.

Percy looks up at him. "Beginning to think you wouldn't show."

Percy POV

I look up at the primordial and for once I don't feel the same fear as when I had faced him before. Only sadness for my fallen friends and hate toward my two enemies.

"Beginning to think you wouldn't show," I tell him.

"Wonderful you can kill him yourself now!" Erebus calls. Tartarus walks toward his brother and his voice sounds in my head.

"He is controlling this dome of darkness. I'll take him out. It will weaken Nyx. So, you got her."

I draw my sword once more. I watch, my eyes flickering between the three powerful beings. Nyx smiles along with her husband. Tartarus finally stands next to Erebus and raises the spear. Erebus barely dodges. He isn't impales but he was still hit.

"He's here but whoever said he's on your side!?" I shout. Nyx growls as her attention is placed back on me. I flash her a smile. She glances back to see the two fighting her eyes shocked and transfixed.

"What did you do Percy?" Annabeth asks from behind me.

"Secured our chance of victory," I answer. "Now do want to help me take down our tour guide?"

"I expect an explanation after this," She sighs.

"Can I get in on this?" Leo says appearing. Fire ablaze in his hands. There is no sign of happiness is in his eyes. "For Jason?"

"And Thalia," Annabeth adds.

"For them all," I say. I look back ahead to see Nyx had broken from the spell of watching Tartarus and Erebus fighting. She looks back to us.

She raises her whip and we charge forward.

3rd Person POV

Erebus is failing.

It's clear. He had not been expecting a fight with his brother. Tartarus slashes and stabs. Erebus can barely focus on dodging, fighting, controlling the army, and allowing the dome of darkness to stay up all at once.

Tartarus knows this. And he smiles at the thought. His plan is simple: wear Erebus out. And it is working tremendously.

~~~~

Leo jumps out of the way and sends a column of fire toward Nyx.

Nyx flinches at the brightness and Percy and Annabeth take the time to attack. Annabeth slashes her Drakon bond sword across Nyx back at the same time Percy manages to hit her side.

The three back up and Percy stomps hard on the ground. Nyx stumbles slightly and Leo throws more fire. Annabeth continues to slash and stab. A moment later a rhino runs into Nyx. Nyx shouts and manages to get her bearings bringing her whip across the rhino.

The rhino retreats and turns back into the Frank who coughs up quite a bit of blood. Hazel and Nico grab him, pulling him back.

No matter what they seem to do it doesn't seem to kill Nyx. Only aggravate and wound her slightly.

That is when the darkness falls. Everything for a whole moment is darker than pitch black. No one is sure if they closed their eyes or if this is actually happening. They stop unable to see their target.

Nyx smiles and raises her whip ready to strike when sunlight hits her eyes. All eyes look up to see as the dome of darkness slowly crumbles away.

"Now!" Percy shouts. They regroup and attack Nyx once again as she is weakened by the afternoon sun's appearance.

~~~~~

Across the battlefield Tartarus stands over a smudge of black on the grass.

He looks over to where Nyx is being fought and heads over.

~~~~~

Percy's mind goes on autopilot. His mind zeroed in one goal. Kill Nyx.

He runs past the column fire not caring as the heat hits him. He stabs Nyx in chest and Annabeth and stabs her knee. She falls to the ground and is ready to raise her whip when a hand grabs her wrist.

"Care to do the honors?" Tartarus asks. Percy doesn't say a word as he stabs her once more in chest, closely followed by Annabeth and Nico. The entire time flames lick at her legs. Nyx screams in pain before she disappears into nothing.

Across the field demigods cheer and fight the last of the monsters with a new found fury.

Percy looks up to Tartarus. "She's not dead is she?"

"No. But she will need many many years to regain the strength she once had. She won't be a bother again."

That said Tartarus disappears and demigods everywhere cheer.

~~~~~

EPILOGUE IS NEXT!!

-Jaz