Chp. 13- Spy Speculation

3rd Person POV

"Who is it?" Zeus growls interuppting the silence that had followed Percy's grave announcement.

"No idea," Percy answers shaking his head.

"How do you even know all of this?" Athena questions.

"Champion of the Fates. I know things," is his reply, the lie comes easily.

"Why would they attack the camps? We are here," Demeter asks.

"Camp Jupiter... It will target our Roman aspects," Athena states looking to Percy for confrimation. Percy nods and she continues. "Camp Demigod is simply to split us up... Though why the island? I thought it was destroyed."

"The island was connected to me. It's to directly target me," Percy states. "Do. Not. Hug. Me." Poseidon sits back down in his seat slowly.

Percy's mind races. No one speaks while he thinks. People always assume that he is stupid. But he is smart. He can just be slow. But his fatal flaw affects him battle. He won't stop until he family is safe. Though he hates it, battle and war is a strong suit.

"Alright," He says finally. "We have three days. Train the demigods harder than ever before. They can complain and stop that's their choice. Just remind them of the chances of survival.

"As for the spy, the spy cannot be one of the Avengers. They don't have enough knowledge of the mythological world. The spy also cannot be one of Artemis's Hunters. There has been one spy for centuries, why have another? Meaning it must be a minor god or demigod. Unless it's one of you? If it is... I will kill you myself. Also if it's an Olympian, I hope it's you Ares."

"Why can't it be you punk?" Ares growls. "You seem to be calling all the shots. How do we know it's not for each side?"

Percy's eyes flash dangerously. Though unlike most times he doesn't try to hide it. He glares directly at the war god, right in his eyes. He thinks of all that have died for him. The images replaying in his head and forced to play in Ares. Evey death. From Bianca di Angelo to Clarisse La Rue.

"Tell me now, which side am I on?" He growls. Ares closes his eyes in return to stop the images. Percy finally turns away steeling his emotions. He takes a breath before looking back up at everyone. Hestia stands and gives the hero a comforting hug.

"Weren't you continuing with your plan Perseus?" She asks.

"Yes. Thank you Hestia," he says with a smile. She smiles back and heads back to her seat. "Anyway... Uh... where was I?"

"A spy in the Olympians," Zeus reminds him.

"Okay off the topic of the spy. As for a plan of attack. I'm not giving specifics that's Athena's job. I say we place one third of demigods at Camp Jupiter. One third at Camp Demigod. And the final third will remain on Olympus. Same with you all and the minor gods. I will help out around here and Camp Jupiter if necessary. Dad your army will head to the island location-"

"Why wouldn't you go the island?" Athena asks.

"Either way the hero is lost. Either the island falls or I personally do. There is no point in me fighting there when I can help elsewhere. It's better I help take down what I can first. I have accepted my fate."

"Prophecy's often have double meanings," Apollo comments.

Percy waves away the comment. "That's all I have. Athena do your thing. But all of you remember no one else is to know anything." The gods nod before flashing off to work.

Posiedon remains. He opens his mouth to speak but someone else beats him too it.

"Uncle P. Can I check Percy?" Apollo asks. Poseidon nods and disappears in mist. Apollo brings Percy back to the infirmary. Everything is silent. The majority are still asleep at this time. Apollo checks Percy and finds him fine but, before he releases him there was something else he wanted to say.

"What are you lying about?" Apollo asks bluntly. Percy blinks confused and surprised at the question.

"God of truth. I can tell when you lie. Though something is blocking me from figuring out exactly what part was a lie... What is it?"

"It's nothing Apollo," Percy assures.

"That one is a definite lie."

"The Fates told me not to tell anyone yet okay?" Apollo sighs finding truth in the words.

Percy POV

After Apollo leaves I head out the infirmary. I wonder how long it's been since I passed out. It doesn't matter. I head toward my cabin when an idea pops in my head. I change course and head toward another cabin. I open the door slowly and poke my head in. I quietly head to the bunk and place a hand on her arm. Her eyes open in alarm and I quickly place a hand over the mouth.

"Shh! It's me," I whisper. "It's Percy!" Annabeth grabs me in a hug and I chuckle before mist traveling us to garden on Olympus. Annabeth lets go of me and slaps me straight across the face.

"What the Hades!?" She yells. "You can't just kidnap people!" Her anger drains as she hugs me once again. Girls.

"Are you okay?" She asks me. "I shouldn't have made you do that."

"I'm fine Annabeth."

"Why did you kidnap me anyway?" She asks looking around us. I smile and snap once. A small picnic blanket appears. I sit and pat the space next to me. She blushes in the moonlight and sits. "What's all this?"

"We don't know when the war will be or the outcome but, I do know I want to spend as much time with you as possible." She doesn't respond and sits next to me. We sit for a long while enjoying her company. She soon starts pointing out constellations and I listen though she had told me them all before.

"You're not dying on me got that?" She says suddenly catching me off guard. "You're not dying. If you die in this war I will become immortal. I will never stop looking for you and once I find you I will judo flip you so hard and so many times you will wish I killed you. I swear it on the Styx, understand?" Thunder rumbles sealing her promise.

"Yes ma'am but does that include saving you?" I ask innocently.

"Unlike you I am capable of caring for myself," she says she with a laugh. I join in but I my happiness turns into sadness. I won't die but... The deal... No. Focus on Annabeth right now. You only have three days with her Percy.

I turn and face her a smile on my face.

"What are you laughing at?" She demands.

"You. And the fact that you think I would willingly leave your side. I gave up immortality and went to Tartarus for you. I would do anything to protect and for you."

"Seaweed Brain," She smiles and leans and kisses me softly. I kiss her back. Our kiss is interrupted when the light suddenly gets blinding. I pull back and notice the moon shining on us more than usual.

Annabeth blushes and I wave at the moon.

"Hi Artemis!" I call. The moon looks to be shaking it's head at me before returning dull once again. Annabeth laughs and leans against me and I kiss her forehead. The moon flashes once again and a silver arrow lands next to me, an inch away from my leg.

Annabeth just laughs again.

"Fine! Can I just sit two feet away from her?" I yell at the sky. The moon turns back to normal and I look at Annabeth who trying to hold in laughter.

"What did you do to her?" She asks between giggles.

"Nothing! I thought she tolerated me!"

-----
Hey!

Nothing super exciting in this chapter but the war shall start soon 😈.

Check out my other stories I just put a sequel to the Apprentice

Her Wrath

Bye!
-Jaz