Chp. 6- Tartarus

Chp. 6- Tartarus

Erebus POV

"Perseus is on the beach my Lord. Athena is speaking with him," The servant says quickly while laying at my feet. I nod slowly.

"Then I shall-"

"No I will," Nyx interrupts rising from her throne. "I have waited much longer than you. Plus I think his grandfather would like to see him..." She says with a glance toward Kronos. I can't hold back a cruel smile as I turn to the Titan King. Said King who is currently oblivous to the conversation and is instead immersed in chatting to a girl.

"Kronos!" Nyx yells. Kronos reluctantly pulls his eyes away from the beauty. "We're going to pay your grandson a visit." A smile appeared on Kronos' face. He whispers something in the girls ear making her giggle. I could guess what he has said. I also could guess it would never happen.

"I have a request," A deep voice says. My eyes are torn from the funny scene unfolding infront of me to a someone else. He leans casually against the wall. My first instinct is to yell why is he in my throne room. Then I realize who he is... Purple skin over thick muscles, sharp black talons, monster breastplate and a swirling spiral of darkness for a face.

"Tartarus," Nyx greets. He nods in reply.

"What is your request brother?" I ask confused. He had refused to help us before...

"Perseus," He says as if trying out the name. "I want him alive. I don't want to wait for him to reform. Let me torture him myself."

"Sorry. Nyx and I got that covered already," Kronos replies rudely. Tartarus says nothing but, the room bends to his will. The floor rises to Kronos's waist.

"This is my domain Titan. Would you care to see what I can do with it?" Tartarus taunts. Kronos shakes his head and Tartarus releases him. "Now, I have given you a space to prepare. All I ask is for one puny god. Unless... You would like to go elsewhere?"

"He is yours," I respond without hesitation. He nods before sinking back into the wall. "You two should be going," I direct to my wife and Kronos. The two nod and disappear in a flash.

Percy POV

I sit silently on the beach waiting for the ambush that is soon to come. Time passes and I'm not sure how long I have been sitting here. My mind just reels. I think I'm going insane.

Will... Clarisse... Paul... Mom... The Sky... The Beauty... All of them are dead or... going to die because of me... Only for me to die in the end... If I just died... They would be alive... I just...

"Don't you dare!" A stern voice yells. I look over to Athena watching me. I look at her confused. She motions around us. A storm whips around us. I then realize I am standing in the eye of the storm. When did I stand up?

I quickly calm the storm. Before turning to Athena.

"What-what-"

"Your emotions caused it," Athena says shortly. "Too much and you could have done some major damage to yourself and the city." She says nothing gazing out the now calm water.

"Why are you here?" I ask finally.

"My daughter talked to me after she spoke to you. I had guessed your intentions already. 'Once thinking of ending his own heart'" She recites. She then pauses before she sighs and continues. "I can not stop you from doing this. This is a bad idea. But I must say making yourself fade by exterting yourself too much will cause more harm then good. Perseus come back to Olympus."

"And do what?" I counter. "Sit around and wait while people around me die!?" I shout. My anger bubbles up again. I feel as the winds strengthen around me. I quickly shake off the feeling knowing I was taught better. The winds cease and I try to keep my face stoic.

"This is their domain," Athena encourages glancing around almost nervously. I stare at her ready to argue but I find her eyes... Her gray eyes she and all her children share. More specially my Wise Girl. I can't do this to Annabeth. Not again.

I sigh in defeat.

"Fine," I sat quietly. Athena nods sastified. "Let's go. It-"

"Leaving so soon?" A cold, familiar voice asks. "The tour has only begun."

----------------

ITS MY BIRTHDAY! I'M SO HAPPY! SO IM UPDATING BOTH STORIES!!! 😄😄😄

So how old do you think I am?

Hint: I act younger than I am...

Also thanks so much for 1k+ views on 'The Apprentice' and for 5K+ views on 'Fatal Flaw'!

CAKE FOR ALL!!! 🎂🎂🎂

-Jaz