Chp. 12- There is Another

Chp. 12- There Is Another
3rd Person POV

Percy runs down the streets of Manhattan his sword in hand as he does. Even almost two weeks later he is still semi weak from his time and torture Tartarus. So to build up his strength again he decided to help the demigods battle monsters in the city. A saber-tooth tiger kitten by his side.

He runs up to a woman who stares at him with fear in her eyes.

"Where?" He asks her quietly. She just stares at him unsure of what to do. "I swear I won't hurt you. But those monsters will. Which way?" The woman points and Percy takes off again. He rounds a corner to see a group of three demigods stalling a Hydra.

He runs forward into the fray.

"Percy!" Annabeth yells semi relieved.

"Where is Leo?"

"No idea!"

The two dodge in opposite directions as acid is spit their way. Annabeth's mind races. She watches as Will and Thalia fire arrows to distract the heads. She makes her way back to Percy an idea coming to her.

"You said you killed the Hyrda before right?! You evaporated it's blood! Do it now!"

"I can't!"

"Why the Hades not!?"

"I used the ocean and I passed out for days! I'm not even at full strength now!"

"I don't care! Do it!" Percy mutters about stupid Athena kids and runs back a few feet. He creates a wall of ice infront of him and stares in concentration. He focuses on every liquid molecule in the giant beast.

He focuses on all of them disappearing. He heard the monster roar in pain. But he couldn't tell if it has worked due to passing out.

Thalia watches the Hydra explode into dust before her eyes land on the unconscious son of Poseidon. She rushes over the other demigods follow. Apollo gets down and does his Apollo thing.

"He used too much energy," He announces. "And what even happened?" He asks pouring some nectar down Percy's throat.

"I told him to evaporate it's blood," Annabeth answers. "He said he did it before. He is better now than he was I didn't think he'd actually pass out."

"Of course he would!" Thalia yells clearly upset. "He is still recovering from our... Never mind! We need to get back to Olympus. How are we supposed to do that when our ride is knocked out?"

"Hey!" The demigods turn to see two cops, both holding guns at the ready.

"Drop your weapons!" One yells.

"I don't have time for this!" Thalia yells at the sky. "Look, unless you want to be blasted to pieces you will give us a ride to the Empire State Building."

"Thalia you know we can't," Annabeth says placing a hand on her friends shoulder. Thalia shakes her friend off. "Just give us a ride. Or you can go through the process of arresting us and we will leave in an hour."

The cops only repeat that weapons should be dropped. An idea comes to Annabeth. She quickly drops and touches Percy. The other two confused follow suit.

"Poseidon! Percy is hurt!" She yells at the top of her lungs. For a second she gives up hope before a bright light engulfs them and brings them up to Olympus. Leaving two confused cops.

They tumble into Apollo's infirmary. The God of sun is then brought in by Poseidon.

"Hey! Let go! I didn't put the sun on auto pilot!" Apollo quickly flashes away before coming back. Poseidon walks over to his son concerned.

"If Demeter asks about the forest fire in California I didn't do it." Apollo says before walking over too. He shoos the bone cat off of Percy's stomach before examining him.

"Nothing too bad. Just too much energy used. What did he do?"

"Evaporate the Hydra," his son supplies. Apollo nods in approval.

"He'll be fine but he'll be out for a long while. You pour some nectar into him now and then. I have a sun to drive."

--------

"You're stupid."

"Did you have a better idea?" Percy counters. "You could have lended your precious wisdom."

"I could've but I needed to speak with you for a longer period of time," Tartarus says. He sits in a chair one leg crossed over the other. He motions to the chair opposite him and Percy reluctantly sits.

"What did you want?" Percy asks.

"The attack will happen three days from when you wake. They will attack Olympus, Camp Demigod, Camp Jupiter and your island's former location."

"Wait but everyone is on Olympus, why would they attack the other locations? And the island is nothing now."

"The Camps are directly connected to the gods Greek and Roman aspects. As demigods fight at each location their Greek and Roman aspects will battle each other. The island while gone is still connected to you.-"

"Attack it and it will affect me." Tartarus nods. "We need to evacuate the mortals."

"No. If you do they will get suspicious."

"The. What do we do with the mortals? Let them all die?"

Tartarus shrugs and takes a drink of some wine he summons. "Honestly I don't care. I only want your soul. But... Maybe do the same as the Titan war. Knock them all out."

Things fall silent then Tartarus flinches and his glass falls out of his hand and on the floor and cracks.

"There are other ways to get my attention," he mutters. Before turning his attention back to Percy who sits confused.

"My brother is annoying," he explains. "Now I must tell you two more things. First you must call me when the time is right. If I simply appear they will attack."

Percy nods. "What is the other thing?"

"There is another."

"Another what?"

"Spy." A pause follows.

"Who?" Percy demands. Tartarus begins to answer but everything starts to fade.

"You are waking. Remeber what I have said."

"Wait! Who?! Who!?"

-----

Percy shoots up to find himself once again in the infirmary. He quickly hurries out of bed and into the throne room and hops in his dad's throne. A moment later a pissed Poseidon appears only to calm when he finds it is only his son. He grabs his son in a hug but Percy pushes him off.

"Call the council," Poseidon is confused but he does as he's told and a minute later the rest of the gods appear. All eyes gaze upon Percy who speaks.

"This infomation does not leave this room," He growls. The gods nod warily.

"Three days," He deadpans. "We have three days until they attack. They're coming here, going to Camp Demigod, Camp Jupiter and where the island was."

A grave silence follows.

"There is more. There is another. Another spy."