Chp. 10- An Escape

Chp. 10- An Escape
3rd Person Pov

Those on Olympus has little time to send out a search team. Nyx and Erebus sent had sent out their monsters. Unleashing them upon mortals. Forcing demigods to appear. They refused to let the mortal world be destroyed.

Imagine the surprise of the average NYPD officer as suddenly a pack of dogs the size of trucks starts chasing civilians. His horror when he shoots the beast which only annoys it as is spins to take a bite out of him.

Imagine his partners surprise as she sees a three silver arrows pierce the creature. Successfully reducing it to a golden dust.

Imagine their confusion and surprise as she sees girl looking no older than twelve wearing a parka and holding a bow.

"Here," The girl says digging two guns out of her pack. "These will kill them." The cops would take them warily before the girl would run off looking for her next target.

This is basically New York people constantly saved by children with knives or swords. More than twenty were arrested one day. Only to be released in order to kill more monsters. In short: Not as much effort was put into the rescue mission as needed.

--------

Percy was starting to think Tartarus had backed out of their deal. Days, and hours passed. 9 days. 16 hours. 29 mintues. And 7 seconds to be exact.

That was another thing. He still couldn't figure out how he knew these things about time. Sometimes he would blink and swore he saw numbers everywhere. But he'd blink again and it was gone.

But that was a minor issue compared to their escape. Tartarus had not yet made another apperance. Instead Nyx and Erebus had fun torturing the four. Most of the torture fell upon Percy who would volunteer to take the girls punishments not bearing to watch and not able to do anything. Especially after he had found out Piper's secret.

He had not yet told anyone he knew. But while attempting to sleep with his godly hearing he was able to hear her whisper "Don't worry. Mommy loves you..." Those words seemed to break him. His mother told him the same the things a thousand times.

The Beauty.

He promised himself he would make sure Piper could tell her child the same.

Then there was Thalia.

One of the two options to be the sky. He couldn't bear that thought either. He would lose one his best friends either way. But one way Jason may never get to be a father.

Finally there was Natasha. He didn't really know the red headed Russian, though he felt obligated to protect her as well. They had lives to live. He knew what would happen after he had died. But, he accepted that fate.

He didn't care about anything else than his friends. Athena had been right. He had been loyal before but now, loyalty was not only a flaw but a domain of his. Which he must somehow live with.

The cell door opened. Percy slowly lifted his head to see Nyx, Erebus, and Tartarus watching. Tartarus's face was once again that of a mortal. And Percy isn't sure what unnerves him more. The faint 'T' carved on his face grew slightly hot. Tartarus locked eyes with Percy saying nothing. Shadows appeared. Releasing the four of their chains.

Still too weak to fight they were escorted down the halls. The three Primordials walking in front. Nyx walked hand in hand with her husband chatting about the plans she had for her prisoners. Percy noticed how Tartarus stood behind the couple. The Primordial of the Pit slowly moved his fingers until a faint snap was heard. Only Percy had noticed.

They kept walking before a monster of some sort ran up out of breath. "My Lords and Lady!" He yelled flinging himself down at their feet.

"Oh out with it!" Erebus snarled.

"The Fate has escaped!"

"Impossible!" Tartarus yelled. "I would have noticed! Do you dare say I have failed?" He growled. The monster shook terrifed before it was swallowed by the floor. He then turned to his siblings. "Let's check her prison. Leave them. They're to weak to do anything way. Maybe they'll kill themselves wandering."

Erebus nodded and followed his brother hurriedly down the halls. Nyx at their heels. Percy quickly reached in his pocket drawing Riptide and slashing the shadows. When he had finished he was drained but started in the opposite direction.

"We need our weapons," stated Natsha. Percy nodded as the went down the hall. They moved to go exactly where he wished. A closet, weapons stored in a trash can in it. The girls retrieved their weapons and looked at Percy waiting for him to continue. He took off down the hall ignoring his pain.

"Do you even know where we are going?" Natasha asks.

"Nope. Do you have a better idea?" Percy replied without turning around. He followed the halls which seemed to call to him killing monsters maliciously as he goes. The girls didn't waste time with small talk though unaswered questions pooled in their heads. Though Thalia couldn't take it anymore.

"What aren't you telling us? Tartarus wouldn't just let us escape Percy," She says she lets another arrow fly. Percy doesn't reply as he hurries outside of the palace and over Tartarus's skin like ground.

"Perseus Jackson!" Thalia hisses but she is once again ignored. She opens her mouth to yell again when an invisble force knocks Percy a few feet away. He groans standing.

"It's me Clotho!" He shouts.

"I know and that's why I blasted you," A voice snaps as an old woman comes into view. "I know what you have done."

"I'm not surprised. But I have done what is necessary. You cannot deny that fact." Clotho didn't reply. She instead walked closer to the group.

"Are you alright?" Percy asked her generally concerned as he walks back attempting not to limp.

"I should be asking you. Now come on. The two of us should have enough power left to bring us back to Olympus." Percy nodded and the groups of five grabbed hands.

"Stop them!" Erebus's voice bellowed. The group teleported away but not before one enemy arrow found flesh.