Chp. 9- A Deal

Chp. 9- A Deal
3rd Person POV

"I can't believe you let a traitor become a Hunter!" Zeus yells at his daughter. Despite the situation Hera couldn't help but look pleased.

"You as well as I had thought she was a child of the underworld! She was never claimed. She had been faithful to me for centuries!" Artemis yells back, seething in anger at her father.

"There must be some way to save them?" Annabeth interuppts. Athena glances at her daughter sadly not quite sure of what to say.

"We shall save him. All of them," Poseidon answers.

They began to discuss but many where distracted. Clint couldn't stop his mind from wandering of what an ancient evil could possibly been doing to his Natsha. Jason and Aphrodite both thought of Piper and the unborn child. Jason, Zeus and Artemis thought of the brave daughter of Zeus. And many would be lying to say the son of Poseidon did not cross their minds.

~~~~~~~

Percy scowls as he had tried every way he could think of to free himself of his chains. All of his powers seemed to be neutralized. As helpful as a mortal. He was able to take out Riptide though even the famous blade seemed unable to cut the strong bonds. Instead the two metals grew very hot resulting in a small burn on Percy's hand. He slowly reached down to pick up his sword again.

"Enough Kelp Head!" Thalia yells. "Your just hurting yourself!" Percy sighs and lets his sword clatter on the floor beside him.

"This is terrible. Jason was right," Piper repeats tears in her eyes.

"And what is with you? You just keep repeating things like you lost hope. Like you gave up. What happened to the mighty Piper McLean who I wished was a Hunter?" Piper didn't reply and placed her hands over her stomach comfortingly. Thalia huffs before leaning her head against the cool wall deep in thought.

~~~~~~

Alia flopped on "her" bed in "her" room in "her father's" palace in Tartarus. Her guilt was eating her out from the inside. She hated herself for betraying her lady and lieutenant. She had followed Artemis, Zoë, and later Thalia for a years. She was one of the older Hunters. And she betrayed them all in order to save her own life.

Here the was no simple way of escape. Tartarus is not only a person but a place. She couldn't go anywhere without him knowing. No chance of shadow travel in if her father controlled where she ended up. She herself is a prisoner. Only her chains where made of her father, and her cell was her room.

She desperately wished she had chosen her death over this. She may have even made Elysium for her choice. But the thought of being claimed by her father after all of these years, and the thought of disappointing him, resulting in her death was too much to bear.

He had said he was proud over the control of her powers. She had assumed she was the child of a minor death god. Not a primordial. He had told her aswell as his wife Nyx, that she was important. She felt wanted by her family but that would mean leaving the Hunt. But the look in his eyes filled her with joy and fear. She made a decision. And now she regretted it.

She grabbed the soft sheets of the bed tightly as tears welled in her eyes. And she sobbed. She just wanted to save them. But she couldn't. She just wanted to give up.

~~~~~~~

Percy glances at his "companions", his eyes filled with worry before it subsided. He stared back the floor wondering how his siblings were doing. He felt terrible. He had promised he would keep them safe... but what was he to do now? He couldn't protect them. Knowing he was going to die, he wished to spend as much time with them as he could manage. Sadly he didn't have as much time as he had thought.