Chapter 18: Apologies🥺

🎵
"The pain in my throat gets worse
Try to cover it
I don’t have a voice
Today I hear that sound again

It’s ringing again, that sound
A crack again on this frozen lake
I dumped myself int o the lake
I buried my voice for you"

"Singularity " - BTS
🎵

[JUNGKOOK]

Jungkook ran back to the apartment. It took him over an hour to walk to the playground so he was hoping that by running he would reach back faster. As he finally reached and turned to enter the front door of the apartment building, he checked his phone. He took forty five minutes to reach. Wow! That was great. Now to find Jimin and apologize. All Jungkook wanted to do was hold him in his arms, kiss him and make up for what he did.

Jungkook ran to where he left him but the conference room was empty. He ran to the living room. It too was empty. He then realised the place was like a ghost town. He didn't see anybody. "JIMIN!!!" He shouted but Jimin didn't answer back or come to him. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of banana milk. Then he ran upstairs into the bedroom. Empty. "What the hell is going on? Where is everybody?" He took out his phone and called Namjoon while quenching his thirst.

It was only then that Jungkook realised he never got Jimin's cell number. Namjoon answered and Jungkook enquired about everyone's whereabouts. Namjoon told him they were all at Yoongi's studio. So Jungkook ran swiftly and excitedly up the stairs to go to the Genius Lab. He couldn't wait to see Jimin.

When he came in through the door he looked around. Everyone was there except Jimin. "Jimin. Where's Jimin?" He asked Jin but he didn't know. "Namjoon, where's Jimin? I'm not seeing him," he asked the leader as he came from the recording booth. "Oh I forgot. Jimin had an emergency and he had to leave," Namjoon said coolly. "WHAT?" "Shussssh," Namjoon tried to keep him quiet. Jungkook lowered his voice, "What kind of emergency? Was he feeling sick?" Jungkook was feeling guilty. He hoped Jimin didn't get sick because of what he said.

But Namjoon shook his head, "He said he got a call from his dad and he had to go home immediately. So he took a few days of sick leave and left. I'm sorry Jungkook I'm actually not allowed to divulge personal information about other members. I've told you too much already. I'm only telling you this because I know how you feel about Jimin. You remind me of me actually," and Namjoon smiled looking at Jin.

Jungkook nodded sadly, he understood Namjoon's position and thanked him for telling him. Jungkook was at a conundrum. Jimin was gone and Jungkook had no way of contacting him. He never got his cell number and the staff members could get in trouble if they gave out personal information on the members. His only option was to wait for Jimin to return. He hoped everything was alright and that Jimin would be coming back.

Namjoon looked at him, "I know you're worried about him. So call him." But Jungkook explained, "I never asked him for his number." Namjoon thought about it, "Hmm, well the only person I know who would have Jimin's cell number is in the recording booth right now."

Jungkook's heart sank right out of him. He knew exactly who Namjoon meant. It was only then that he heard the crooner voice coming from the speakers. He walked towards the booth to see Taehyung singing in the microphone.

'Oh Fuck.'

[TAEHYUNG]

Yoongi was right. He did need some time outside of the apartment. They both had a lovely dinner and Yoongi had made him feel so much better. Tae knew he was always harsh towards Yoongi because he suspected that Yoongi had liked him.