chapter seventeen

Harry's POV

I woke up intertwined with Oakland's legs, and her sound asleep halfway on top of me. I forgot that I asked her to stay with me last night for a split second, so I was confused, but everything flooded back to me within ten seconds of me being awake. Her breaths were shallow, and I could tell that she was in a deep sleep still. The sun was still rising, indicating that it was early in the morning, but I was always one to wake up before everyone else. I turned my head to see the alarm clock sitting on the bedside table, which read 7:43am, so I decided to get up.

I slipped myself out from underneath her, replacing my body with a pillow so that she wouldn't wake up. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead before moving away. It felt good to have her next to me all night, having our two hearts in one home.

She was such a beautiful sleeper, and looked so at peace.

What a beautiful creature. My angel.

I went into the ensuite bathroom to shower, opening the bottom cabinet under the counter to grab a towel. When I opened the cabinet door, I saw what Sloan was talking about, my body cringing at the thought of Oakland possibly seeing it when she was in here last night. I just hope that she didn't, but a feeling in my bones told me that she did. I pushed past that and got in the shower.

Lyrics for a new song kept popping into my head, so I hurried out once I was done. I quickly wrapped a towel around my waist, and went downstairs to make some coffee. I was the first one awake in the house, so I brewed an entire batch in the coffee pot for everyone once they woke up.

I sat down at the counter, scribbling miscellaneous words in my writing journal, while sipping my black coffee. I thought back to last night, and all of the events that happened. Oakland didn't deserve to find out about my mistake with Sloan the way that she did, but I am glad that it was finally out in the open. I don't think she was too upset about what happened, but more so upset with how the topic was approached to her. I finally told her that I have strong feelings for her, and I don't think she took it too well by the way she reacted. I could tell that she was stiff from my words, and not responding solidified my observation. I don't regret telling her at all, and I feel like I have a weight off of my chest by finally having that out in the open as well. I also remember laying on my bed with her beside me, trying to drift off to sleep, when she whispered something to me. I think she thought that I was asleep, so I didn't signal to her that I was in fact awake, joyful with what she told me.

"I feel the exact same way Harry. I don't ever want to leave without you."

Those words rang in my ear as if she was saying it to me right then. My heart fluttered every time I thought about it, but I didn't want to bring it up to her, to make her feel any sort of uncomfort. I will keep that near my heart, only to myself to hold onto.

'Wherever I go, you bring me home.'

I wrote down the words, referring back to the embroidered T shirt that Oakland wore. The words stuck out to me, and were tattooed in my brain. I knew that sentence would make its way into one of my songs, and I think I just found the fit.

I stood up, going to grab the acoustic guitar to find some tunes to go with the lyrics I just wrote. I was picking at the strings randomly until I found a pattern that flowed. It was a more up beat strum of the guitar with a melancholic energy. I only have a few lines written down, but I can already feel a dreary but whole-hearted song brewing.

I walked around, looking out along the beach from the windows, playing random tunes, until I heard someone come down the stairs. I turned my head to meet Oakland, looking as if she had just woken up, but somehow she always was glowing. Her hair was a tad messy, still in my T-shirt I gave her from the night before. She rubbed one of her eyes with her thumb and forefinger, still looking half asleep.