chapter three

"Do you have any pets?" he asked while still laughing from the last thing I asked.

"I have a dog... he is a mutt that we found in a dumpster a few years ago." I responded. My dog is the kindest animal anyone would ever meet, but someone threw him out when he was a puppy. We found him, and he saved our lives just as much as we saved his.

We've been asking shallow questions to get to know each other, and I've come to the conclusion that I like his presence more than I first expected. He is a very good listener, and always seems engaged in the conversation, no matter how silly it is.

We've asked things like what our favorite movie is, or favorite color. I like asking those types of questions, because I feel like it shows who a person really is. If someone says yellow is their favorite color, than I assume that they are either a happy person, or someone who wants to be happy. It just helps to pick up on people's personalities.

"Does he have a name?" he asked.

"Well... his name is Federer-" I tried to tell him, but was cut off instantly when I said my dog's name.

"Like the tennis player?" He whisper shouted. I just giggled while nodding at his reaction. "That's probably my favorite tennis player," he continued.

"Haha really? My dad is the biggest tennis fan, and the only way he agreed to keeping my dog, was if he could name him after his favorite tennis player." I spill. Harry lets out a louder laugh, along with me too. We received a stare from an older man across the aisle from us, but I brushed it off because Harry is so captivating.

The time passed too fast for my liking, and before I knew it, the pilot came over the intercom to announce that we would arrive in 20 minutes. I get a little sad thinking that this quick friendship would come to an end, but I'll have to get over it, because I tend to dwell on silly things for too long.

I sit up in my chair to look over the top, and am instantly met with my sister's bold blue eyes. They looked like they would shoot out of her head, as she looked back and forth from the handsome man sitting next to me and myself. She mouths some kind words like "I'm going to kill you" and "I'm so jealous" to me and I just send back a cocky smile and raise my eyebrows. Then she turns back around, slumping down in her seat. I took a few more seconds to see if I could see my parents, because it is reassuring to know where they are, but they are far towards the front, so I could only see my mom's hair.

I turn back to Harry, and he was already looking at me, about to speak.

"I'm going to go to the restroom, I'll be right back." he told me. I nodded, and felt something sweet, because he told me that he'd be right back. I think too deeply as he stands up, because he probably tells everyone that. It is a basic thing to say, and I am thinking too far into something that a boy I will never see again said to me.

I am an over thinker, and take too many things to heart, but that is just who I am.

He came back after a few minutes, and sat down back in his seat. I just realised that in 10 minutes, I'll never see him again, and I don't even know his last name.

"Harry," I say timidly. "I noticed that I never got your last name... so how could I look up your name when you get all rich and famous from your music?" I say, trying to hide my random question with something flirty.

"Styles. My last name is Styles" he says with a smirk. Of course.. HE HAS AN ALLSTAR NAME TOO. HE. IS. PERFECT.

"Wow, you have a baseball player name." I say without thinking, and instantly regret it when I see confusion drawn across his face.

"Baseball player name?" he asks.

"Oh- yeah. My mom and I always say that someone has a baseball player name when they have just a killer name. Ya know, when the player walks out on the field to their walk-out song, and they announce their names. You have a pretty cool name, so I could just hear an announcer say 'next up to bat, Harry Styles'" I explain, hoping that he won't think I'm weird for having this analogy.