chapter twenty two

Harry's POV

The sun shined directly into my eyes. I forgot to draw the blinds closed last night.

I woke up, face smushed into the white duvet of my bed, cradling a pillow in my arms. That's when what happened flooded back. I sat up, realising that Oakland wasn't with me. I looked around, seeing my clothes she was wearing wasn't on the floor where we left them last night. I furrowed my brows, not hearing any movement from downstairs, so I couldn't figure out where she went.

I laid back down, hitting my head against the pillow, closing my eyes and taking in a deep breath. Memories from last night rushed in my head, reminding me of everything we did. She let me take her all the way, and she trusted me completely. I thought back to feeling her skin under my fingertips; how soft and fragile she felt.

My heart began to race again, thinking about the beauty of seeing all of her under the illuminated golden light. Even though it was only one of her first times, she was a devil in between the sheets.

My darling, we shouldn't have done that... because if I wasn't then, I'm completely whipped now.

I reopened my eyes, staring at the ceiling above. A smirk grew on my face, but quickly was wiped off after I remembered that she wasn't even here. I checked my phone, the time read 8:03am, and the morning light filled the entire room. I got up, heading into the bathroom. I opened the glass door of the shower, seeing that there were already water droplets cascading down the walls. Did she already shower?

I just ignored it, turning on the water and waiting for it to get hot. I got in, working my way through my routine, while some ideas for song lyrics bounced around in my brain. I guess the shower was going to be my place for writing songs now. I got out once I was finished, wrapping a towel around my waist, and heading back into my room.

I changed into some comfy clothes, and went downstairs. No one else was awake yet, but as I walked down the stairs, I could smell something coming from the kitchen.

No one was in there, but there was a small plate sitting on the counter, and a slip of paper right next to it, her handwriting danced across the lines.

Breakfast for you, Love. coffee is in the pot. Black, like we like it.

A smile trickled upon my face, admiring the small heart she signed the note with. I went over, filling a cup with the freshly brewed coffee, when I noticed something outside on the porch.

She was sitting there, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders with a mug in her hands, hair still damp from a shower. I quickly grabbed my cup, and rushed outside to see my beautiful angel. I slid open the glass doors, her head snapping in my direction when she heard me. I guess I startled her.

"Hey you." I said, still with a groggy morning voice.

"Hey," she said back.

I sat in the chair next to her, looking out onto the beach, seeing the tide roll in. "I didn't know you were awake." I told her.

She shrugged her shoulders, looking into the mug resting in her hand. "You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you." I nodded at her response, wondering how long she had been awake.

I gazed at her profile, keeping it subtle so as to not seem like I was staring at her, even though I was one hundred percent doing just that. She looked just as beautiful early in the morning as she did when she would get all dressed up, glowing all the time as if a spotlight was above her constantly.

She looked in my direction, causing me to snap out of my trance. "My sister is on her way to come get me." she told me.

"Why?" I furrowed my brows, "I could have taken you back." I said, wondering why she felt the need to ask her sister to come over here.