chapter eight

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say this before y'all started reading this chapter

I HIGHLY recommend playing the songs that Oakland plays, because they reflect her moods and such:) the songs in this chapter especially are good to listen to while reading along!!

-----------------

I woke up to the rising sun shining through my sheer curtains, and I feel like a whole new person. Harry won't get out of my mind, and I'm not complaining. After the kiss last night, I came back inside to see the rest of my family on the couch, and I sat to watch whatever they were watching. Harry really cleared my head, because if I didn't see him last night, I would have locked myself in my room for the rest of the night and sulked.

I felt refreshed, and looked out the window to see the beautiful landscape. I rolled over and clicked on my phone, and was greeted with a sweet message.

'Want to come over to my house today? I'm feeling very inspired, and I'd love to have you here.' the sweet boy who lives in my daydreams sent to me. I caught myself getting all giddy to what I was sent, and I sent back,

'Sounds wonderful! My parents may not let me have the car though.' I told him, and stood up to head towards the shower so I could get ready. I put on my summer playlist to have some background music as usual. Feels Like a Dream by Emilee started playing, and I smiled at myself in the mirror. The song is very airy and happy, which reflects exactly how I am feeling at the moment. As the water heated up, I danced around in the bathroom, singing along.

It still feels like a dream,

Playing over and over,

This can't be what it seems,

I'm scared of waking up,

Don't want this dream to be over,

Once I couldn't see my reflection in the mirror anymore from the steam, I got undressed from my PJs and hopped in. The warm water felt so good on my tanned skin, and I lathered my hair up in shampoo, then conditioner. I sang throughout my shower routine, jamming out to song after song. Once I got out, I wrapped myself in a soft towel, and brushed out my hair. I then threw it up in a towel, and brushed my teeth. I moved out into my room, and changed quickly into something casual, but still presentable. 

A blue plaid skirt, along with a white tee with a vintage car on it

A blue plaid skirt, along with a white tee with a vintage car on it. I paired it with some white platform sneakers and some white socks that cut off right above the ankle. I checked my phone and saw a response from Harry saying,

'No worries, love. I can come get you.'

I responded, and held my phone to my chest as I smiled at myself in the full length mirror in the room.