chapter ten

Harry's P.O.V

I followed her with my eyes, as she exited through the club entrance. I felt a smack on my shoulder, and I whipped my head to meet Mitch's eyes.

"Did you really just let her go?" He scolded. "You said you were never going to see her again, yet she was in the exact same club. That seemed like fate and you threw it out the window."

"I- I... um," I stumble, still in shock at everything that just happened. I don't believe in fate, what so ever, but Mitch was right. This doesn't happen everyday, so there was a reason that I saw her again. "I should go after her, huh?" Mitch nods at my words, and nudges me towards the door. I ran towards where she had just left, and busted through the doors. I was only met with a bouncer, and a line of people waiting to get in. "did you see where she went?" I asked, but everyone out there just stared at me as if they didn't know what I was talking about.

She was gone.

I let out a curse under my breath, and went back inside with my head hung low. I went up to my friends, who were at the bar throwing back shots. I sat down, putting my elbows on the bar table, and resting my head in my hands. I don't know why I'm so upset over a girl that I wasn't supposed to see ever again, but there was something telling me that I have to see her again. I felt drawn to her, if that is even possible. I sat there for a while, swimming in my own thoughts, when I felt a cold glass touch my arm. I looked up to see Sarah standing there with concerned eyes.

"This always makes me feel better." She says with a smirk, referring to the clear liquid in the small glass. I sighed, and picked up the shot, throwing it back with ease. I got a few more without thinking about it, and was feeling light in my shoes. I looked around with curiosity on my face, wondering when we could go home. I looked to my left and found that same brown eyed girl. She was talking to her friends, giggling about everything. I guess this could be fun.

I stood up, and made my way towards her. "Sloan, right?" I asked with a soft smile drawn across my face. She turned towards me and plastered a wide grin on her lips. She shooed her friends away without breaking eye contact with me.

"That's my name, don't wear it out." she says, "want to dance?" she offered. I nodded, and we walked out on the floor.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up beside her in my bed.

I squinted at the sunlight pouring into my room, and I saw her lying there, peacefully. I don't really remember last night, except that I saw Oakland, and lost her again. I can't even remember the girl next to me's name, yet she is asleep in one of my t-shirts. I rubbed my hands down my face, letting out a small groan at the headache forming. I sat up, and made my way to the bathroom. I hopped in the shower, cleaning off the night before, along with the regrets. I stood under the water, trying to put together the puzzle pieces of my memories, but I couldn't recall much. I just remembered sitting at the bar, feeling angry at myself for letting Oakland go, and all I could think was to take my mind off of the girl running through my mind. Clearly I did that with the mystery girl in my bed. I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist after I ruffed it in my hair. I walked back out into my bedroom, and found the girl sitting up on her phone. She looked up with me and smiled.

"Didn't invite me to join?" She asked, trying to be flirtatious but I'm really not in the mood.

"I just have a lot of things I need to do today," I said, hinting towards her. She didn't pick up on it, so I had to continue, "Maybe you should head out."

She narrowed her eyes and nodded, standing up and sliding on the skirt she wore last night. She grabbed her shoes, sliding them on quickly before walking over to me. She stood up on her toes, kissing me while I stood there, straight as a board. "Can I see you again?" she asked me. I don't want to, but my conscience tells me that I have to be nice, so I nod. She gave me her phone, and I put my number in. "bye, Harry." she said, walking out of my room.