chapter twenty seven

Harry's POV

Her blue eyes.

I want to jump into them like a swimming pool after a long summer day. They speak so many words, and I swear she could communicate solely through her eyes forever if she needs to.

We have been laying in her bed for the past hour, her chin resting on my chest with her hands as a barrier. My arms wrap around her torso, my palms on the small of her back underneath her hoodie. My thumbs drew miscellaneous shapes on her skin. We have barely spoken more than two sentences this entire time, but we've had a full conversation between our stares. I could look at her all day. Forever even.

My eyes have met many eyes before, but I've only ever gotten lost in hers.

I had changed from my sopping wet clothes, throwing on the sweatshirt of mine that she wore home from this morning. I stayed in my briefs, and we both are now laying under her covers. You could still hear the pattering of the rain outside, but it has subsided a bit from what it was before.

Our breaths were synced, and I could feel her subtle heartbeat softly beating against the walls of her chest. It would pick up slightly each time I would slide my hands up a bit.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

I see a soft smile creep onto her lips, rolling them into each other before speaking.

"Yellow."

She is the definition of that color. Warm and bright. Exciting but not loud or angry. I take my fingers and nimbly tuck a strand of her golden hair behind her ear, revealing the full beauty in front of me.

"Of course it is." I whisper. I didn't realise I said that out loud until I saw the skepticism drawn on her face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she cocks an eyebrow in confusion.

I shook my head, "oh nothing. You just seem like that would be your favorite color." I shrug, brushing off my simple comment.

She stretches up, pecking my lips before asking me the same question, centimeters away from my face. "Well, Harold. What would be your favorite color?" she asks with a smile.

Her beautiful smile. Beaming and affectionate. She only ever fully smiles when it is genuine, so knowing the amount of times I've seen it makes me joyous. Seeing it right now feels like a blanket that I grabbed right out of the dryer and wrapped it around my body.

"Blue."

To be specific, Love... the shade of your eyes.

"Of course it is." she whispers.

"Well, baby. What's that supposed to mean?" I asked the same question she asked just seconds ago. I pull her closer, brushing our noses together from the small distance.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I was just repeating what you said." she spoke with a chuckle.

She looked down at my lips, while still laughing, causing me to laugh. Everything she does is so infectious, bringing me to do everything she does. She presses our lips together, still laughing between us. I don't even know what was so funny, but her giggle was what made me laugh.

I shut my eyes, moving my hands from her back to her cheeks. I moved our lips together, creating a rhythm between us. Without separating, she shuffled herself onto her knees, towering over me now. I sat up a bit, resting my shoulders on the pillows behind me. The only thing filling my ears is her soft breathing.

The door suddenly creaked open, and we both shot our heads in its direction.

"Hey Oak," her sister whispered while slowly peeking her head through the crack. The second her eyes met mine, she shot up straight, her eyes wide. "Oh! Hey Harry." she said, clearly not expecting me to be here.