chapter four

Once we pulled up to the Airbnb we are staying in, my jaw dropped. This place is insane, and so beautiful. We all get out of the car, each silently admiring the view from the home. We get our bags out of the back, and head inside. I instantly run to the bedroom with a tv, hearing my sister groan from her room, since hers doesn't.

"Oakland, I'm older! I deserve the foreign netflix!" she yells from across the hall.

"Sucks B!" I yell back, giggling to myself as I throw everything on the bed, along with myself. I sigh as soon as my back meets the comfy white bedspread. Today has been long, and I am so ready to relax.

I check my phone, since I haven't had service since the plane. My dad won't pay for an international data plan, so we are all stuck living off of the home wifi for the next two weeks. I respond to some texts from my friends, and open some snapchats from people. I nuzzle under the covers, and continue to scroll through instagram. I feel myself dozing off, and I fall asleep for a quick nap.

I am abruptly woken up by my sister throwing a bathing suit at my face.

"Byerly what the hell?" I groan, still half asleep.

"Get your ass up, we have a pool out back and I want to utilize it." she responds as if what she did wasn't crazy.

"What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"4:20, now get up." she responds.

I groan dramatically, getting out of bed to put on the bathing suit that was just used as an alarm clock. I slide on the cute yellow suit, that I know I will look good in once I am tanned. I throw on a sheer white cover up and slide on my sandals before heading towards the kitchen.

This whole house is covered in floor-to-ceiling sliding glass windows, and every one of them is opened. It lets in the warm breeze of the island, and it immediately relaxes me. I look out back, and find my sister laying on a poolside chair with her phone in her hand.

"Oak, why doesn't dad just by a stupid international data plan?" she asks as I approach her. She holds her phone up to the sky, in hopes of getting service, but I know that it won't work.

"You know dad is cheap about the weirdest stuff. He will buy himself a pair of $200 sneakers, but won't get the family something we will use." I say, taking off my coverup and sliding on my sunglasses.

She lets out a groan and rolls her eyes. I quickly realized I left my book in my bag, so I ran back inside to grab it out of my room.

Call Me By Your Name. the best book of all time. I've read it twice and seen the movie more times than I can count on my hands. The love story is so beautiful yet heartbreaking, and I cry everytime from the ending.

I sit back down next to my sister, and open the book. I read a chapter, until my sister said that we should get in the pool. We got in and swam for about an hour, while our parents went to a local grocery store to get things for our stay.

B and I took some cute pictures for our Instagrams, because we are obsessed with having the best feeds.

I was already getting tanned and a tad too pink for it being the first day, so once our parents pulled up and took the groceries in the house, I got out and went to take a shower.

After my shower, I walked into the kitchen with a towel on my head. I threw on some sweat shorts along with a white cropped top. My mom was already there making a cocktail.

"Hey Oak, we were thinking of going to a cute restaurant for dinner that your father and I found while out" She said as I approached the island.

"Sounds good, is it nice?" I asked, already mentally planning my outfit.