chapter twenty eight

A/N: highly recommend listening to the song linked above when it says, because the story goes PERFECTLY with the lyrics!!!!

Oakland's POV

"So... what's for dinner?"

"You tell me, Angel." he says back, resting his elbows on the kitchen counter.

After spending who knows how long out in the rain on my patio, Harry dragged me inside to warm the both of us up, and insisted that we go to his place for dinner. He seems to have a knack for cooking, which is good to keep in mind, since I would burn down the house by just making a glass of water.

I am swimming in one of his sweatshirts that he threw on me the second he saw a small shiver run through my body, and he swears that I am going to get sick. I know I won't, but he insists, so I am letting him run with it.

I kicked my feet up on the counter, resting my back against the island chair. I brought my finger to my chin, tapping it there while I looked off, pondering what we should eat. "Hmmmm" I hummed out, racking my brain for ideas.

The second the lightbulb went off in my brain, I perked up, and leaned forward on my hands. He thinned his eyes, suspicion drawn on his face at my sudden emotion. "What is going on in that cute brain of yours, Oak?" he asked.

"Did you just say that my brain is cute?" I asked, furrowing my brows with a silly smirk on my lips.

"Don't change the subject."

"Fine." I huffed. "Pancakes."

He cocked his head to the side, "pancakes?"

I nodded, flashing my hands like I was painting the sky. "Pancakes. For. Dinner."

"Okay, sounds like a plan, but.." he said, walking up to me and placing his hands on either side of my cheeks. "I want to make sure you won't be getting sick, so I'll go run you a shower."

I sighed, knowing he is acting like a parent right now. "I'm fine, Harryyyy." I dragged out.

"Darling, we just stood out in the rain for hours, I don't want to risk you getting ill." he says.

"Exactly. You were there too, so don't you need to take a shower?" I fought back.

"Are you insinuating that we shower together?" he asked with a sinister smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, "just go, Harold." I said, pushing him away towards the stairs.

He laughed and went up, and in a few minutes I heard the water running, and his feet pattering back down the steps.

"All ready for you, Darling." he said.

I hopped from my position at the marble island, jumping up to peck his lips quickly before running up the steps.

I entered his room, seeing his perfectly made bed, and a stack of clothes sitting on the edge, waiting for me when I get out. His blinds are closed, but some of the grey light from the almost set sun behind the clouds still shines through. I went over, drawing them back to see the dreary day, but not feeling how I used to.

This past year was a very dark time for me, leading me to always feel down. In South Carolina, the weather is almost always perfect; the sun placed perfectly in the sky. When Lucca first broke my heart, it was pouring rain for the first time during the entire season. Subconsciously, I associated my deep feelings to the weather, leaving me to only feel satisfied when it rained.

The dark clouds used to be my blanket, securing me and making me feel home. All up until I met Harry. Without even knowing it, he changed my point of view on so many things, one of them being now I went about my day in general.