chapter twenty five

A/N: this is the same day from Harry's stance!!

Harry's POV

I woke up with her snuggled close to my chest. The sound of her soft breathing is the best way to wake up. The morning light swarmed the room, the sight of a few grey clouds filling the sky. I looked down at her resting her head on my bare chest, the subtle rise and fall of the chest showing that she was indeed completely asleep.

I could spend my entire day just watching her sleep, she is so beautiful. I took my fingers, brushing them softly through her golden blonde hair, moving a piece out of her face. I admire her always, she just had a natural beauty that even the Gods couldn't rival. Seeing her in such an innocent state always took my breath away.

I laid there, having zero urge to get out of bed, but I knew I would need to shower at some point. I took in all of her features, finding something new about her every time; like the small freckle on her chin, or the small scar under her chin that I am sure she got when she was younger. I began to hum a tune in my head, reciprocating it through my lips, but not loud enough to wake her.

I need to get that tune down somewhere before I lose it, so I kissed her forehead softly, her stirring a little at the action, but easily going straight back into the deep slumber. I slid out from under her, wanting to linger there for at least a few minutes longer, but knowing that I should grab my guitar quickly before this song idea slips my mind.

I always take my guitar everywhere I go with her, just in case.

I grabbed my notebook from my bag, realizing that I didn't bring a pen with me, so I shuffled through every drawer in the room to find one, but no luck. I walked around, seeing oakland's bag sitting against the wall, so I decided to just check to see if she had one.

I opened the bag, seeing the book that she has been reading this entire trip, her sunglasses, and... a journal? It was a small, leather-bound notebook and right underneath it was a black pen. I picked up her journal, squinting my eyes to read what was across the cover.

'Running through the garden where nothing bothered us.'

I stared at it, allowing the words to soak up in my brain, before I sat it back in her backpack. I wanted to open it, but I didn't want to invade her privacy like that, so I just ignored it. I grabbed the pen, and went back over to sit on the bed beside my girl. She still looked as peaceful as she did, radiant as always.

I began strumming the tune I had in my head, but it didn't feel right. I think it needs to be upbeat, not on an acoustic guitar, but maybe something with hard drums and a cool electric in the background, but this will have to do for now. I flipped through the pages of my notebook, skimming to see if there were any lyrics that would match this tune.

'She's an angel, my only angel.'

I sang, repeating the words that I said to her on top of the cliff while we watched the sunrise. That felt like ages ago, but really it was only a matter of days. I laid down the instrument on my lap, beginning to write at the top of the page, Only Angel. The title just felt fitting.

As I began to write some lyrics, I reached over to place my hand on her warm cheek. She hummed while still in her dream state, sending something soft throughout my body. I wrote things down, thinking back to the night we'd spent together only a mere 36 hours ago. A smirk grew on my face as I relived those moments.

She began to wake up, fluttering her eyes open, but quickly shutting them from the light that flooded the room. I chuckled at her, rubbing my thumb against her cheek. I told her good morning and asked if I woke her up, but she shook her head no, asking "were you singing?"