chapter five

"okay... how about this?" Byerly asked me while holding up a black one-shoulder dress, that is actually a skort on the bottom.

"Eh... maybe. What else do you have?" I asked, sitting in a pile of both mine and her clothes in the middle of my room.

"Oak, we've been at this for 20 minutes, just pick something." B said, annoyed. She is already ready, wearing a white, striped tank top and a red patterned skirt.

 She is already ready, wearing a white, striped tank top and a red patterned skirt

I may be being difficult, but I have a weird thing for what I wear. I always have to feel my best in an outfit, or else I won't feel myself.

"Fine, hand me the dress." I say with a sigh, finally caving. I paired it with some plain white platform sneakers, while my sister slid on her Golden Gooses.

We both peaked out of my door one last time, checking to see if our parent's door was shut, and then locked my door just in case

We both peaked out of my door one last time, checking to see if our parent's door was shut, and then locked my door just in case. we went over to the sliding door on the other side of my bed, and slipped out quickly.

I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding, and we walked down the driveway. To be honest, I had no idea where we were going, so I hoped Byerly had a plan. She pulled up maps on her phone, and I furrowed my brows.

"How is your phone working right now?" I asked.

"Oh, I finessed dad's card from his wallet while he was out on the patio and bought myself international data." she shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. She always does these kinds of things, and ends up getting caught, and in major trouble. Even when she was younger, she would buy music on her ipod without asking my parents, or would steal cash out of mom's wallet.

She always got caught.

You can really tell who the better child is.

She said that her friend, Holland, went to a club close by when she was here on vacation. She followed the map, and as my feet trekked behind hers, my anxiety built up in my chest. I was never a big partier, and I've never been to a club before.

As we walked up to the front, there was a small line of about 8 people ahead of us. The line moved quickly, and the bouncer let us through the ropes.