Halloween Pt. 1

I woke up the next morning to Miguel's alarm. I looked over at him; he's still sleeping. I grab a pillow and start hitting him.

"Wake up!" He groans and I laugh. He grabs the pillow under his head and covers his face with it.

I jump on him straddling his lap throwing the pillow off. "Miguel, wake up!" His eyes open and he sees the position we're in when I also notice. My eyes widen and I jump off pulling him up.

"Get ready."

"Yeah yeah."

I grab my bag and walk over to the restroom. When I finish getting ready, I walk out and see Miguel coming out of his room already dressed. He high-fived me while making his way to the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen seeing Ms. Diaz making breakfast. "Hello, Ms. Diaz I hope it was alright that I slept over."

"Of course dear. Are you and Miguel..?"

"Oh! No. We aren't together." She looks at me with a suspicious happy look.

"Ok, well if you say so. Here have some breakfast."

I thank her and grab a plate. Miguel walks in grabbing my plate with a smirk on his lips. I roll my eyes and grab another. We sit down and eat our breakfast while discussing about the dojo.

We finish our food and grab our bags heading out the door. We get to school on time and split apart, going to our classes.

-

"I'll meet you there, I have to take care of something first." I tell Miguel.

"Okay. See ya!" He yells, walking off.

I make it to the apartment, seeing my dad already on the couch.

"Where were you?"

"School." I plainly say. "Look, can we just discuss what you needed to tell me and leave?"

"Not until I meet this karate teacher of yours."

"You've been gone for years, and all of a sudden you want to act like a parent."

"Well, I sort of am your father."

"Wish you weren't." I mutter.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Let me just grab my gi and we can go." I brought my backup into my room taking out my gi. I could feel my nerves coming up.

"Let's go!" My dad yells. I roll my eyes and rush out the room.

We got in his car and surprisingly it smelt like mint. I thought it would smell like alcohol but guess not. I told him the directions and the closer we got the more nervous I was.

This was all so random. My dad who's been gone for 7 years decides to show up and now I'm taking him to meet my sensei. Nice.

We finally show up and get out the car. "Cobra Kai." He reads the sign. He glares at me and walks in.

"Hey Ava- who's this?" Miguel asks as Sensei walks in. Sensei and my dad stare at each other, shockingly.

"Johnny Lawerence."

"Jason Williams."

"Sensei, this is my father. Do you guys know each other...?"

"We used to go to school together. Wait- this guy is your dad?"

"Is it okay if I have a word with you Johnny?" My dad smirks.

"Follow me." They go into Sensei's office and the door slams. Weird, he never closes the door.