Party

There was a party at Moon's house before school starts, and everyone was gonna be there.

I caught a ride with Aisha and Hawk; as the rest of Cobra Kai were already there.

Turns out, Miyagi-Do also happened to show up.

So as the party went on, Tory lost to a drinking game against Sam, kids are doing fortnite dances in the middle of the room, and every time I look around, I just happen to make eye contact with Miguel.

Some of us were sitting on the couch, talking... whatever.

"Excuse me!" The whole room faced Demetri who was standing in the front with a mic in hand.

"I'd like to make a toast. To Eli Moskowitz. Oh! I'm sorry, some of you might know him as Hawk. But underneath that crazy clown cosplay and whatever type of Manic Panic he dumps in his hair, he's still good old Eli. My binary brother.
Well, he was my binary brother. You know what he is now? A real zero."

"Alright, that's enough, Demetri." Hawk was starting to look pissed, but Demetri wasn't fazed.

"Don't let that angry red hairdo fool you. He's a big softie. The three of us watched every Harry Potter movie together. And he bawled like a baby when Dobby died."

Everyone glanced at Hawk and started laughing.

"Alright, if he doesn't shut up, I'm gonna shut him up." Hawk whispered to Mitch.

"Remember what Sensei said about showing mercy."

I thought to get some fresh air, so I handed my drink to Aisha, and went to sit by the pool.

I watched the water when my attention went to somebody who stood in front of me.

"Mind if I sit here?"

"Go ahead." I looked away from Miguel, feeling how close he sat next to me.

"Look, I'm really really sorry about the whole Tory thing. I can really explain what happened that night."

"Then explain it to me, Miguel."

"I was upset because I thought you were mad at me. I couldn't get my mind off of you, and Tory had brought me to the park to try and cheer me up. We were talking for a bit and then she kissed me.

"She thought it was a good idea because apparently it would of made me stop thinking about you. Yes, I let her kiss me, but after realizing what was happening, I pulled back. Ever since we broke up, Tory thought it would be good for me to move on. She wanted us to be together, but I told her I couldn't."

"Well why not? You two would be cute together." I sarcastically smiled.

"Because I realized I was still in love with someone else."

I had hope it would be me, but then again he was in love with Sam from the beginning.

"I just... I wanna make a move on her, but I don't know how."

"Well, if my dad were here he'd say to just go for it."

"Right. Go for it."

Surprisingly, he placed a hand on my cheek, bringing our faces closer until our lips touched. We stayed like that for a while, until we had to pull away.

"There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I lo-" Miguel was cut off when someone had yelled about the cops showing up. "Shit, c'mon." He grabbed my hand and we ran off to find the rest of our friends.

We made it to the apartments and we stopped at my door.

"Again, I'm really sorry, Ava."

"It's okay, Miguel. I'm not sure if I wanna start the whole dating thing again right now. Eventually, but not yet."

"Yeah, I get that. We can have a fresh new start." He smiled.

I nodded and kissed him on the cheek, "Goodnight Miguel."

"Goodnight, Ava."

I walked into the apartment and my dad wasn't home yet. A couple minutes passed and he walked through the door.

"How was your date?" I immediately asked.

"Best night of my life." He said grabbing a beer.

I chuckled and a knock came at the door. I got up and when I opened it, it showed Robby and Sam.

"Ava? What're you doing here?"

I ignored him and glanced at Sam. She was basically being held up by Robby. "What's up with her?"

"She's drunk. We couldn't have her go home like this. Is my dad home?"

"Um- yeah. Here, come in."

-

For the rest of the night, Robby and I stayed up late talking about ourselves, our home life, and what not. We finally told him everything. It felt nice knowing Robby finally knew about us being related. It was a big relief that he wasn't mad about it either.

I was laying on the couch, while Dad was cooking. Robby came out and thanked him for letting them stay over.

A knock came from the door, "Johnny? Johnny, come on, I saw your car outside. I know you're in there, open up."

"You two go in the other room."

We heard Dad and Mr. LaRusso talking until the door slammed open. "Sam?" Mr. LaRusso called out.

"What the hell is wrong with you!"

Sam started waking up, "What is going on out there?" She got out of bed and we walked out the room, we saw the two men starting to fight.

"Dad, stop!" Sam yelled.

"Don't." Both Robby and I held back Dad, as Sam grabbed onto Mr. LaRusso.

"Sam. What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I- I'm fine."

"Why didn't you call or text us?"

"Mr. LaRusso, it was my fault. I brought her here." Robby took the blame.

"Wait, don't even start. I gave you a second chance. This whole thing was a mistake. You know, you wanna end up like him, that's up to you. Alright, come on, Sam."

"Please, Dad."

"Sam, I don't wanna hear it. Let's go."

She grabbed her stuff and the door slammed shut.