The zoo

"You sure about this?" Robby nudged my side.

"You sure?" He jokingly rolled his eyes and we caught up with Tory and the rest of Cobra Kais.

"Okay, we've got one shot at this. Quick, in and out, we'll be good. Know what you gotta do?"

"Hell yeah. Let's go."

"Look who took their sweet ass time." Tory looked at the two of us.

"You invited them?" Hawk glared at Tory.

"I did. Why? You got a problem with that?"

"Here you go, Keene. Williams." Kyler tried handing us a beer, but we declined.

"We're good." Robby shook his head.

"What, you can't handle a sip of beer?" Hawk asked making all of them laugh.

"We just don't need to pretend to be cool."

"Yeah, that's funny." Hawk walked up to Robby, but Tory stopped him.

"Alright. Let's get going." They all crossed the fence, going through a small hole. Both Robby and I were hesitant. "Don't worry. It's not gonna violate your probation. You got outta juvie, not Sing Sing."

"You resorting to peer pressure?"

"Yeah, it's kinda my thing." The two gave each other a weird smile, making me laugh. I went ahead and caught up with the rest.

Robby and Tory stood next to me, "The zoo? Why do we have to sneak in?" Robby questioned.

"You'll see."

"Come on. This way." Hawk looked at me with a smirk and walked up. I scoffed and caught up with them.

"Welcome to the Ventura Zoo. Join us for our behind the scenes tour for a fun and informative view on how we care for..." A females voice was speaking on the intercom.

"Right, there's two cameras over there. The guard goes on break once every hour. We have less than five minutes."

"Five minutes to do what?"

"We're getting a little gift for Sensei."

Robby looked at me and I just shrugged. My phone started ringing and Miguel's name popped up on the screen, showing me an incoming call.

I declined it and turned my phone off.

We all walked through a door that led to the Reptile Room. Hawk and Kyler brought us farther back in the room, "You got the snake pole?" Hawk took out a brown pillow case.

"Oh, shit! Snake pole, right."

"I orchestrated this entire plan and you didn't bring the one thing?"

"I forgot, okay? I've got a lot on my mind right now. If I don't pass trig this semester, my dad's gonna shit in my mouth."

Both Hawk and I made a weird face.

"Just reach in and grab the snake." Tory hissed.

"Are you insane? I'm not gonna stick my hand in there."

"Who's in there?" A man called out.

"Shit."

"Po-po, let's go. We gotta go." Kyler took off, Hawk and Tory following him.

I looked at Robby and smiled.

We met up with the others back behind the fence, snake in the bag.

"Who said we failed?" I smirk.

"No way! You guys got it? Unreal."

"Let's see it."

Robby opened up the pillow case, showing the hissing snake.

They all cheered for us and I could see Hawk looked a bit upset. Tory and Robby gave each other another one of those smiles. Kyler came up to me and patted my shoulder.

When we got back to the Cobra Kai dojo, Robby and I put the snake inside the tank.

"Well done. I'm impressed. You showed fearlessness, leadership. And those are the qualities you need to be a champion."

Kreese walked up to Robby and I. "Good job. You're what Cobra Kai has been looking for. Do you see what you can accomplish when you work together? Alliances are important. For us and our enemy. Because you better believe that they are making alliances too."

"What alliances?"

"Oh, you didn't hear? Uh- Diaz and that LaRusso girl, yeah, they're working together. Yeah, they helped save the All Valley. They gave quite a speech. You too, Miss Williams. They make a pretty good team. Well, it's getting late. Dismissed."

-

I came home and again my phone started ringing. A bunch of messages from Miguel popped up, and I decided to just block his number.

"Oh, there you are." Dad came out of the room.

"How was lunch?"

"Great. I'm actually meeting up with Ali at a Christmas party right now. How do I look?"

"Fancy." I titled my head a bit.

"Good. I haven't heard from you all day, where were you?"

"Um, out."

"Out? Doing what?"

"Just hanging out with a few friends." I shrugged.

"Oh, with Miguel?"

"Yeah, we aren't together anymore."

"What? Why not?" He finished tying his tie, now looking at me.

"He- which I'm not surprised now that I think about it, still loves Sam."

"Shit. Why didn't you tell me?" He came up and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Dad, I tried to, but you left me to go have lunch with Ali."

"I'm so sorry, kid. But we can talk about the rest when I get back." He hugged me and walked passed me.

"What the hell, Dad. You're seriously about to leave me, again?" I turned around.

"Kid, I'm sorry. But I promised Ali-"

"No, forget it. Have fun." I brushed my shoulder against his and slammed the door.