Robby

Mr. LaRusso found Robby, but sent him to juvie. Tomorrow, Dad and I are visiting him along with a friend of my dad's, Bobby.

Dad told me he had a few things to do first before we could see Robby, but told me he would meet me there.

After school, I was walking with Hawk to the hospital to see Miguel. He's been getting better, but I still worry about him.

"El Serpiente." Hawk said, but stopped when we saw Sam in the room.

She noticed us before saying, "Oh, sorry. I was just leaving." She smiled at me and glanced at Hawk. He glared at her but she ignored it.

"Any news, Miguel?"

"I have a surgery on Friday. Some doctor from out of state who supposedly works miracles."

"That's great, right?" Hawk asked.

"I'm not getting my hopes up. The surgery costs a ton. My mom's gonna be in debt. And there's no guarantee it'll work, but..."

"It will work. And with the money, I'm sure my dad and I can help-"

"No, you don't have to."

"Miguel-"

"You don't have to, Ava. Okay?" I sighed and nodded. He was looking at something on my arm and pointed, "Is that from Tory?"

"Oh, yeah. It's really not that bad."

"In my opinion, I think it's badass." Hawk commented. I furrow my brows at him and he just shrugs.

"I'm sorry about that, Ava."

"Yeah." There was suddenly an awkward tension that built up.

"I'm just gonna go. I have somewhere to be." I said getting up.

"Ava, I-"

"Good luck on the surgery, Miguel. See you tomorrow, Hawk."

-

It was time to see Robby. I got to the juvenile detention center that he's at, and outside I saw a man. He seemed to be waiting for someone, so I went up to him.

"Excuse me, but are you Bobby? Bobby Brown?"

"Yes, I am. You must be Ava. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." We shook hands and went inside.

We sat down for a bit and Robby finally came out. He saw me and I immediately threw my arms around him.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I whispered.

He hugged back much tighter, "I'm so sorry."

We sat down and Bobby and I asked him a couple questions about the whole place and how he's been. I noticed he had a big bruise on the side of his face, but decided to not question it.

Dad still hasn't shown up yet. We've been waiting for awhile now and still nothing.

"Hey, just give him a little more time, okay?" Bobby rested his hand on Robby's arm.

"He's not coming. I knew it." He got up ready to leave.

"Robby, wait."

He walked over and hugged me one last time, "Thank you for coming, Ava."

He went back in, leaving me and Bobby.

"Should've known. It was nice meeting you, Bobby." I left the place and went back home.

Surprisingly, Dad was here.

"Where the hell were you?"

"I was at the hospital. Miguel's grandma asked me to stay with them while he was having his surgery."

"Did you not remember Robby? You were supposed to see him today."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"You need to apologize to Robby. But, how's Miguel?"

"He's good. He pulled through."

"I knew he would." I muttered.

"Why don't you come with me to see him tomorrow?"

"Sure. After school. But you need to see Robby first."

"I know, I will. Promise."

-

Dad told me he visited Robby, but it didn't go too well. In all honesty, I'm not surprised, but at least he tried.

We got to the hospital and this would be my first time seeing him after walking off last time.

After finding his room, we saw him struggling to get his phone across from him.

"What're you guys doing here?"

"Want the phone?" Dad asked.

"Yes." Miguel sighed.

He pushed the cart farther away, "Go get it."

"Dad." I shook my head.

"I can't walk. Even with the surgery I might never be-"

"Quiet! Never, can't. Those are just words that are meaningless. It's time for you to get out of bed and do something. You're not a kid anymore. The world won't hand it to you. You want something, you'll have to crawl across the floor, use your damn teeth if you have to. You're gonna do whatever it takes. And I'm always gonna be right here next to you. We will be. Cause I'm gonna always be your teacher. Now go get it."

"Yes, Sensei."

"You got this. That's it."

He continued trying his hardest to push himself out of the bed, but fell.

"Oh, shit. It's alright. You fell like a champ. Nurse!"