Rollerskating

"Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know."

"Where's Sensei Kreese?"

"Yeah, shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going? Or not."

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us. I made a promise when I became your sensei; to always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart.

"John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, Mr. Diaz?"

"You get stuck like cement."

"Exactly. To be a great fighter, you gotta learn to adapt. This creed on the wall... follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole.

"Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's grey. And it's in those grey areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai... sometimes shows mercy.

"Doesn't mean you can't be badass. It's still a requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut, but to really use this."

He taps his head. "Which leads me to todays lesson. Head butting. Grab a partner. And Diaz come with me."

-

"You wanna start dating?" I was informed by my dad that he wanted to start dating from this app he discovered.

"Yeah, I mean, meeting someone new after all these years of being single could be a good change, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I just... do you think meeting someone from an app would be a good idea?"

"Well, it's where Miguel's mom found her new boyfriend. So, why not give it a try."

"Well then, let's get started. Uh- what type of women are you looking to meet?"

He raised his eyebrows, like it was pretty obvious. "Super hot babes. Dumb question. Okay, what are your likes?"

"My likes? What am I supposed to say? Long walks on the beach? I like muscle cars, martial arts, and Iron Eagle. And Iron Eagle II- why aren't you texting this down?"

"Look, you have to take this seriously."

"It used to be simple. Find a chick at a bar. Bump into her, hard, but not too hard. Pretty hard. Then, you buy her a beer."

"Yeah, no."

"Tried and true, Lawrence. That's how the cavemen did it. Cavemen. That's another like. You know, like the ones in those insurance commercials."

"I think I can fill out the rest of this on my own. What about clothes? What are you wearing?"

"You gonna teach me about fashion now?"

I shook my head and gave the phone back to him.

"No. No. Not with the ten foot pole. Lose that mole, you're in. Well, actually, yes."

-

Aisha had called me and asked if I wanted to go to the Cascade for rollerskating. Apparently, it was '80s night so we had to wear some type of costume.

When we arrived, the first thing we did was get our skates. Well, first thing I did, Aisha needed the restroom.

I was waiting at the counter when Miguel came up, and stood behind me. This'll be good.

"Didn't know you would be here."

"Aisha asked me to come with her."

"Oh, well, I wasn't planning on coming here either, but Tory-"

"So, you and Tory now?"

"No- no, it's not like that. We're just friends."

"Just friends, huh? Look, I don't care who you're with, Miguel. Date whoever you want." I grabbed the skates and met with Aisha who was walking out the restroom.

"Oh my god. I had no idea Miguel would be here. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. Let's just put these on and have some fun."

We now had the skates on and skated over to the roller rink. I was struggling a bit, causing me to grab onto Aisha.

"When was the last time you went skating?" She laughed.

"Years ago."

She skated a bit ahead of me, having me freak out. "Aisha wait!" She laughed again and slowed down, allowing me to hold onto her again.

She grabbed my hand and soon I got the hang of it. We were both skating hand in hand, laughing along the way until we decided to take a break.

We took our skates off and thought to grab some food when we saw Tory skate by. She passed by Sam, purposely bumping into her. She fell to her knees as Tory smirked and skated away.

Sam got up and tripped Tory with her foot, to which she fell to the floor, dropping all the food that was on her tray.

"What the hell, Sam!" Miguel yelled.

"What? Me? I- she's the one-"

"Are you okay, Tory? Alright, you're done. You're out."

"She's the one who started it." Robby argued.

"You're out!"

They walked out, Sam glaring at Tory. Aisha and I thought it would be a good idea to leave, too. After handing back the skates, I went up to Miguel.

"Real nice friend you have."