Kicked Out

I made sure to have my gi and head to the dojo. As I got closer to the dojo, I wasn't sure if I was prepared to face Sensei.

I eventually walked in and saw a huge amount of people. Aisha and Miguel were already changed into their gi's and to my surprise Demetri and Eli were there too.

I noticed everyone had their phones out and I walked over to the two boys, asking what they're watching.

"What's everyone watching?"

Demetri hands me his phone, "The fight with you, Miguel, and Kyler is viral."

I hand him back the phone and changed into my gi. I walk out of the bathrooms the same time Sensei had walked out of his office. We made eye contact for a second until I looked away.

"Why'd I let you talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason." Demetri admitted.

"Let's just give it a chance. You saw the fight. Ava and Miguel kicked ass." I smile at Eli's comment.

"Okay, today we begin..." Sensei yelled, but no one heard. I can tell he was getting inpatient, so I walked up to his side and faced the crowd.

"Shut it!" I yell. Everyone stopped talking and faced the two of us.

He glanced at me before responding. "Thanks." He walked around the room, examining everyone else when he comes across Demetri.

"Nice shirt."

Demetri smiled. "Thanks."

"I'm joking. It sucks." His smile fell.

"Word of advice, if you got shit for teeth, don't smile."

"Christ." I mutter.

"God. Makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you." He sighed looking down at a kid a bit smaller than everyone.

"When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But in my short time as a Sensei, I've also seen some miracles." He announced looking at me, Aisha, and Miguel.

"So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!"

No one moved.

"That means line up." Everyone lined up between the three of us making me shake my head. "No, not- not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines."

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked, coming out from the line behind me. Sensei put his face in his hands, sighing. We both knew this was gonna take awhile.

-

"Hey, Miss Williams, can I speak to you for a second?" I gathered all the courage I had and walked into Sensei's office.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

"Honestly Sensei, I don't think you should apologize. My mom should be the one saying sorry. You did nothing wrong."

"Yes, I did. I left you and your mother. And I'm really sorry."

"It's alright, Sensei."

"Listen to me kid. I know I missed the chance to be your father, but please give me a chance."

"What about my mom?"