Aftermath

It was my first day back to school from a 2 week suspension. So much happened in the past week. Dad got arrested for some fight he caused at a bar, Miguel's in a coma, Robby ran away, and Aisha moved away.

Security was now in the school, checking bags. I noticed a lot of people glaring at me and making comments to their friends.

I walked up to the stairs, but when I placed my hand on the railing, flashbacks from the fight swarm through my head.

A hand went on my shoulder, catching me off guard, "Easy there, Black Widow."

"Sorry, Hawk. Still a bit shaken up."

"I get it. I know you're worried about Miguel. Trust me, I am too. But he'll get through this."

"Yeah. Do you think it's my fault?"

"What? Why would you think that?"

"I mean that whole fight happened after Miguel and I kissed-"

"Don't. None of this is your fault, okay?" He hugged me and went off to the rest of his friends.

This is a time where I really needed Aisha by my side.

-

I asked Ms. Diaz if she was okay with me visiting Miguel. I thought we wouldn't be on good terms since she wasn't with my dad, but she assured me that we were okay.

I had called my dad letting him know I was going to the hospital, but forgot he had threw it out at the beach along with his car.

Walking through the hallways, I found Miguel's room. When I walked in, seeing the condition he was in broke my heart. I gathered up all my courage and made my way towards him.

"Hey, Miguel." I sighed, "I'm so sorry this happened to you. But you can fight this. I know you will. We need you, Miguel. The world feels like it's slowly falling apart without you there. Dad's losing himself, Kreese basically took over Cobra Kai, and everyday I'm trying my best to keep myself together. Please, Miguel, come back to us. You can do this."

I kissed his forehead and left the room. A few tears slipped down my cheeks but I held myself together. I'm gonna be strong.

-

School today was easier. People still talked, but I ignored them and focused on myself. I ran into Sam a few times and she asked if I was okay. We hadn't talked since the party at Moon's and even then she texted me when I was out of school, but I never answered.

Dad told me he was going out with Mr. LaRusso because they think they could find Robby. Even after what happened with Miguel and Robby, I still had hope that he was safe wherever he was.

I was on the couch doing homework when someone knocked on the door.

"Oh, hi, Ms. Diaz."

"He's awake."