Party at the Canyon

The six of us stop by a gas station and gather a bunch of snacks and drinks. Aisha had already invited everyone to the Canyon so all we needed was food.

"Alright, be sure to stock up good. I invited everyone. 'VIP only' my ass."

"I still don't understand how we're gonna buy alcohol." Hawk passed Demetri scoffing before giving an answer.

"Oh please. Never underestimate the power... of the Hawk." He grabbed a bunch of beer as I grabbed non alcoholic drinks.

Me, Aisha, Demetri, and Bert spread around trying to not act suspicious. Hawk went up to the counter guy and plopped the beer down.

"Sup. Oh, did you catch the game last night? See Puig with the walk-off?"

"Nah man, but I heard he flipped the bat to the moon."

"Yeah, I was at the bar last night with my buddies from work. Whole place went wild."

"I wanted to go, but my girlfriend dragged me to some lame-ass play."

"Bitches will be bitches. So, uh, how much is it gonna cost?"

"Gotta check your ID first."

"I'm flattered." Hawk chuckled thinking the man wasn't serious. "Do you really think I'm underage? That's my frickin kid right there." He pointed to Bert.

The man didn't look convinced, "Yeah, I still need to see it. It's required by law."

"Oh yeah, for sure. Just upholding the law. It's all good." He pulled out a fake ID and handed it to the man.

The man kept switching his eyes from Hawk to the ID. "Whatever." He bent down to grab a bag as Hawk turned around making a 'rock on' hand gesture with his tongue out.

"Uh, how about eight bottles of that Vodka right there?"

We leave the gas station and head to the canyon. When we arrive, only a few other people had shown up a little before us. Everyone helped us set up tables, the drinks, and snacks. Thankfully someone had brought a radio so we got to listen to some music.

Eventually a bunch of more people showed up and the party began to become more fun. Aisha and I grabbed a drink, taking a sip together.

"God. That's fucking disgusting." It burned less than when I had that one drink with Dad and Miguel.

She laughs as she nods taking another sip. I saw Miguel standing alone on his phone again. This time I had actually walked up to him.

"Still nothing?"

"Nope."

"Maybe her phone died."

"Whatever. Let's get the party started without her." He grabbed a beer out of the cooler, taking a sip, and making a weird face after. I laugh watching him continue to chug the whole thing down.

It's gotten darker and I was feeling a bit tipsy. I walked back over to Miguel swinging my arm around him.

"Another one? Are you good?" I ask watching him chug down his fourth beer.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Ava. Thanks." He throws the beer in the sand and walks away getting another.

Yasmine had walked up to Aisha most likely starting a scene. I can tell they were arguing by the way Aisha's facial expression was and how she stepped closer.

Yasmine walked passed Aisha purposely bumping her shoulder. "Hey Yasmine!"

"Huh? What?"

"Let me help you to your car." She put her hand in Yasmine's shorts and pulled up her underwear. Yasmine was lifted off the floor screaming.