Chapter 20

A/N: Listen to this song when the part comes up.

We sat there talking for a while. He told me how the tour was going and how happy he was to see me which made me smile.

I didn't really understand why I missed him so much. I just did. I've known him for a short period of time but we have become so close. My feelings towards him have grown ever since our date, but yet I still have no idea where he stands. I like who I am when I'm around him. I feel free and comfortable. But there is still a part of me that knows that these feelings could cause a massive problem.

I thought it was odd that we never brought up the night of our date. I didn't bring it up because I didn't want to sound clingy or needy. I assumed that it didn't mean anything to him because he never brought it up either.

"So how was seeing your family again?" Harry asked and I returned my focus to him.

"Good, really good. I missed them a ton. I haven't gotten to see my brother-in-law yet or my niece, but Lily said she would swing by soon with them for a visit." I told him and he nodded.

"That's good. It's nice that you guys live close again." I nodded.

"How's stuff really going with the band. You seemed I don't know, like upset every time we talked about it. You don't have to tell me but I'm here if you do want to talk." I told him. Lately everytime I asked how things were with the band it seemed like a touchy subject. I know that everything with him and the guys were fine, but things seemed off with the band itself.

He shifted a little in his seat. "Well things have just been hard. I mean fuck it has been for like two years though." He told me. I knew that it was a lot of stress but I guess I never fully comprehended how hard it might be.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him while standing to pour myself another glass.

"It's just everything with management. Like I love what I do, and I'm so grateful for this but if I knew what it was fully going to be like I think I would have thought about what to do a little harder." He confided in me as I sat back down.

"Do you regret signing up for the X-factor?" I asked him, trying to understand what he meant a little bit more.

He shook his head before giving me a full answer. "No, I mean I've had the best years of my life doing this. I met four of the greatest guys. I've traveled. Made a name for myself. I have everything that I could ever want, but the price I pay is being under meticulous control."

"I can't imagine that. I'm so sorry." I told him. "Why didn't they loosen up if that's why Zayn left?"

"Zayn left for a couple different reasons. But that was a big one. I think they tightened their reins on us because they worried we would do the same." He said. "Which we are considering anyway." He mumbled. I creased my brows. Were they breaking up?

"What? You are?" I asked quietly, but still confused. A look of fear flashed across his face. "From that look I assume you weren't supposed to tell me that?" He shook his head.

"Fuck." He sighed. "You can't tell anyone. Even Lana."

"Of course. I wouldn't ever. I promise, I know how big this would be if the media heard this prematurely." I told him, completely understanding how serious this is.

"Thank you." He looked at me with senserness.

"Of course. But now that I do know, would you mind telling me when you are planning on announcing it?" I asked him.

"Well management knows that we are planning to, and the guys and I all feel the same about it. So we were trying to announce it like next month, but finish the new album and the tour. So I doubt we will be broken up until the end of the year." He said and I nodded.